YoWidget is not working for Grand Junction, CO, USA

YoWindow widget Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
DrJeseuss

YoWidget is not working for Grand Junction, CO, USA

Post by DrJeseuss »

I am running on WinXP 32bit and have a few different YoWindow widgets I use. The one for my PWS seems to be trouble-free so far. I have two others (not PWS) that also have been trouble free. My last (Moab, UT, USA) works about 70% of the time, and the other 30% I get a loading progress bar to about 75-85% and it never completes. A few reloads of the page usually fixes it, though a few times it did finish loading but had 'No Weather'. I suspect it's issue is with the data it's getting (or not getting) for that location. As far as I can tell 3.0 is working well, including the PWS.
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: YoWindow Weather Widget 3

Post by countryroads »

Hi DrJeseuss,

The reason that Moab, Utah does not work is it isn't in the location database. I just put a request for Moab, Utah to be added. See our Add location sub-forum.

Have a good day :)

Marty
DrJeseuss

Re: YoWindow Weather Widget 3

Post by DrJeseuss »

countryroads wrote:Hi DrJeseuss,

The reason that Moab, Utah does not work is it isn't in the location database. I just put a request for Moab, Utah to be added. See our Add location sub-forum.

Have a good day :)

Marty

That was a mistake on my part. The window I call Moab, UT is in fact "location_id=gn:5423573" which is Grand Junction, CO, USA. I simply changed the name in the widget code to show as Moab (location_name=Moab). So I guess the loading issue is actually with grand Junction, CO.
par
Name: Pasha

Re: YoWidget is not working for Grand Junction, CO, USA

Post by par »

Hello!

I have moved this topic from the News section, because it is not news anymore.
Our discussion has nothing to do with the news.
Let's discuss the widget is Widget subforum.

To the topic.
I just have checked Grand Junction, Colorado, and it is displayed properly on yowindow.com in widget and on online page.
Try to clean up the browser cache and reload the page.
Is the problem still seen?
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
DrJeseuss

Post by DrJeseuss »

Sorry to digress off the topic. My original post was to indicate that on WinXP 32bit everything was working well with the 3.0 widgets. As for Grand Junction, it is now working normally for me also. I can put a note back here the next time I see the issue. It typically occurs for 1-2 days at a time, then works normally for several days or a week.
par

Post by par »

Good!
Please let me know about Grand Junction weather problem as soon as you have noticed it.
Send me a direct email to par@repkasoft.com

Image Image Image
DrJeseuss

Post by DrJeseuss »

Grand Juction, CO has been off and on today. After a reload it seems to be ok. Then a later reload and it's down again. You may or may not see this issue. I'm emailing you now as requested.
par

Post by par »

Thanks for letting me know!
Unfortunately it was deep night here in Russia when your message has arrived.
I was not able to check the widget.

It must be certainly a temporary weather outage from your local METAR station - http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/europe.php?icao=KGJT

Please clean up your browser cache and let me know your experience with the widget next time the outage occures.
I wonder if widget will display "No weather" or will just hang with "Wait please" without displaying the picture.

Image Image Image
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi,

When I read your very first post in this topic, I read that you are trying to run 4 widgets on the same page. Is this correct? Are you running 4 widgets on one page or do you have 4 pages with 1 widget per page? With the original widget, I tried running 3 widgets on one page and it slowed that page down.

Can you share with us your website? It would be nice for us to see if we encounter the same problem that you are having.

Thanks in advance.

Marty