Yowindow widget for website

Any questions? Any answers?
matthewwax
Name: Matthew Waxelbaum

Yowindow widget for website

Post by matthewwax »

www.dailyglobalgroove.com

The clock is showing an hour behind where it should. The time on my PC is correct but it's not translating to YoWindow widget. Any advice?
Don
Name: Don

Re: Yowindow widget for website

Post by Don »

Hello,

Since you are using "location_auto_ip=1" you should remove the location_name parameter, otherwise YoWindow will display "Richmond" while showing the weather for your visitor's location based on their ip address.

<param name="flashvars" value="location_auto_ip=1&location_name=Richmond&landscape=seaside&time_format=12&unit_system=us&background=#FFFFFF&copyright_bar=false"/>

As for the time issue please make sure the timezone settings on your computer are correct. If they are correct then, because you are using the "location_auto_ip" option, I will hazard a guess that your ip address happens to be associated with a location in the next timezone.

Don
matthewwax
Name: Matthew Waxelbaum

Post by matthewwax »

thanks Don. I removed the "Richmond" text from the parameters. However, the time is still one hour slow and the name of the town should be Richmond and not Newton as displayed.

Any other suggestions you think might work?
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi,

this is what I see:
Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenannt2.JPG (30.66 KiB) Viewed 5371 times
I'm living in Spain and the time is 2 hours late to my computertime.

Werner
Don
Name: Don

Post by Don »

Unfortunately determining a location by IP address is not a perfect science . In many cases internet accounts are assigned an IP address that are associated with a location far away from the user's location. In your case it looks like your IP address is associated with Newton which is likely in a different time zone, explaining why the time is one hour behind. When I looked at your site YoWindow showed the weather for Citrus Heights, which is close by, and the time was correct. So you can either leave everything as it is now knowing that most of your visitors will see their local weather but some will see the weather for someplace far away from them, or you can replace the "location_auto_ip=1" parameter with "location_id=gn:geolocation_number_goes_here" to set the location to Richmond. Then all your visitors will see the weather for Richmond.

Don