temp is wrong

YoWindow widget Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
Tilly

temp is wrong

Post by Tilly »

I added you widget to a blog and it had the wrong temperature. I downloaded as screen saver and the temp was correct. In messing with it now, they are both wrong. It is 4 degreesf here not 27 as reported on the widget. My location is Mazama WA which you recently added. Can you correct the error?
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Re: temp is wrong

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Tilly,
here is nothing to correct any "error".
27 f = -3°C
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (19.95 KiB) Viewed 5242 times
Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenannt2.JPG (19.54 KiB) Viewed 5242 times
Werner
Tilly

Post by Tilly »

The actual temperature is 10 degrees lower than what your widget says as confirmed by another weather widget and my local weather station,
Tilly

Post by Tilly »

The weather station being used is in a town about 50 mikes away (Omak) My area is in Mazama which is in the mountains and at a higher elevation. I will have to tie into to 'Accu weather' or some local weather source to make this work. Let me know your suggestions or recommendations. thanks
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Is there another moderator like to answer this guy? It is not my level.
jmcmurry
Name: Jim

Post by jmcmurry »

Tilly,

YoWindow must get it's current weather from the closest METAR station to your location. It cannot get it from other sources such as AccuWeather. The exception to this is if you have a personal weather station and run software capable of producing an XML file for YoWindow to read. There's a whole section on this forum about that.

- Jim