Location Chooser / Antarctica

YoWindow widget Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
countryroads
Name: Marty

Location Chooser / Antarctica

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

Antarctica is not being displayed on the Widget Location Chooser. It is being displayed on the Desktop.

Don and I have programs that are accessing the locations in Antarctica and they are working. The only problem seems to be not displaying on the Location Chooser.

Thank you in advance,

Marty
Don
Name: Don

Re: Location Chooser / Antarctica

Post by Don »

Hi Marty and Pavel,

There is one problem, for some reason YoWindow can't find the METAR stations for Antarctica on it's own; you have to specify he correct station in the widget parameters. So unless there is a way to set the METAR station for a specific location in the location chooser I would (if Marty doesn't mind) recommend not adding Antarctica the chooser at this time. Otherwise users would see the weather for New Zealand or South America when they selected an Antarctic location.

Don
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Fixed!

Don, can you give me a list of Antarctica METAR stations that are not picked by YoWindow automatically?
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Don
Name: Don

Post by Don »

par wrote:Don, can you give me a list of Antarctica METAR stations that are not picked by YoWindow automatically?
These are the two that I know of:

Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station - NZSP
Scott Base (Apparently this station is only operational during the Antarctic summer.) - NZPG

Don
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

I would like to add the following to the list that Don has already started.

6620791 ; Vostok Station / Antarctica - NZSP

Vostok does not have a Metar Station or it is not operating. Since Vostok and Amundsen-Scott are close to each other, I am using Amundsen-Scott's Metar Station.

I would also like to add the North Pole Stations here.

6295922 ; Alert / Canada - CYLT (this station is operating about 6 hours a day. So this could be a problem.)
6295804 ; Eureka / Canada - CWEU (this station is operating 21 hours every day.)

Both of the above Canada stations are presently getting their current information from Thule, Greenland which gives them incorrect current conditions. I would like to see Alert using CYLT and Eureka using CWEU. If Alert operating 6 hours a day is a problem, the use of CWEU might be more correct than Thule, Greenland.

Hope this helps you out.

Marty
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thanks, guys!

I have added these stations to YoWindow.
CYLT
NZSP

CWEU has already been added

I did not add Scott Base, to avoid empty weather reports, you can add it manually if you wish to.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image