Name: Max

Re: YoWindow Next Version

Post by MaxH »

Other priorities..........
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

I know that everyone is waiting on YoWindow on their desktops.
Pasha, the programming team, myself and a lot of others would like to see This happen.

At the beginning of 2022, iOS was going to be beta testing in a few weeks, and then Windows and Mac a little later. No one expected a Conflict in Europe!

That Conflict has caused the programming team to try and stay safe while they continue to program on the multi platform version. The team is working very hard at staying safe and programming.

There is only one YoWindow now. That is the multi platform YoWindow. It will be compiled into all device directories once the testing and debugging are complete.

What was the Android version was line by line changed to the multi platform YoWindow. Since Android is a mobile and iOS is a mobile, that is why the testing of the mobiles first.

The team could probably compile into all device directories and then be beta testing all devices. And all devices would be crashing at the same time. And the team would then have to figure out what lines of code and what devices are causing the problem.

So first testing Android and iOS isolates where crashes are coming from.

Please understand that the team is trying to stay safe while they keep programming on the new YoWindow.

Thanks for your understanding and I hope 2023 is a good year for everyone.
MaxH
Name: Max

Post by MaxH »

countryroads wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:33 am No one expected a Conflict in Europe!
No one? I know at least one .......
Tihomir Z
Name: Tihomir

Post by Tihomir Z »

You say the conflict in Europe, now it means that there is a delay because of that situation ..... I don't know what else to say wisely to these answers, I'm only interested in what the excuse would have been if the current war situation hadn't happened. You ignored all that long ago. Now it's late, don't just write, be patient and stuff like that...show it with work and other things, just that from me, thank you...
DWC121
Name: DWC

Post by DWC121 »

I too am waiting. I check every few months for good news.

I find it strange the Windows and Mac versions were sidelined (which I believe is where Yowindow was first introduced) until the Android and iOS versions were "perfected". I refuse to put any software on my mobile device. I wonder (not for me though) if our former Windows license will work on the Android or iOS version without purchasing Yowindows again. It is too bad someone did not have the smarts to start updating the Yowindow code 8-10 months before the demise of Flash Player. I can see it now. Seven years from now, Yowindow will probably stop functioning on Android and iOS, and several months later Yowindow will be re-coded to work on some new platform that's not available now.

Stay safe.
chippie
Name: Mark C

Post by chippie »

I just had to add my two cents worth!

In all my years on the Web and Forums/Communities I have never come across so many entitled/rude people! :O:

Just a few of you in this thread and some of the other similar threads...

Who on earth do you think you are! You call out the staff at YoWindow, you call them liars, you say they have deceived you. You say you are entitled to a working Windows version because you paid for it fifty years ago and even though, due to circumstances out of the YW/Developers control you cannot seem to understand why they have not delivered a working version to you yet. You moan that they should gave started development on the Windows version years before Flash was decommissioned with total disregard to any other issues that prevented them from doing so. Not that they have to explain themselves to you anyway.

Some of you refuse to install it on other platforms or devices for some reason that totally escapes me, if you miss it that much then why not do that. Not to mention there are several posts alongside this one that tell you in detail how to get it working again on Windows with a few workarounds. This will get it working so you have no reason to moan in any way shape or form anyway.

YW is not a business critical or life preserving 'app'! Not having it has ZERO impact on your productivity or quality of life (well unless you are sitting there in your underpants in your mom's basement)! YOU are NOT entitled to anything, even if it cost you thousands of dollars, these things happen!

You have been told that you will get something at some stage. If you are not prepared to wait then don't. Logout of the forum, delete your account and open your windows, there, all your problems are solved! :good:

Grow up! Stop moaning and calling people liars when you have absolutely no idea what may have happened and be happening behind the scenes. Get a life and if you want amazing animated weather then leave your warrior keyboards behind and go outside and see it in amazing 3D. How dare you call people liars, you do not know them. Listen, if you are so upset and angry about it then just leave, forget about it and go do something productive rather than sit over your keyboards insulting people.

Do not come back on here and flame me, this is my opinion about YOU just like you gave your opinion about YW and the Developers. The difference being that all I have written is the absolute truth as it is there in black and white in the form of your disgusting posts. Shameful!!!

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING!!!
sadietomzs

Post by sadietomzs »

I firmly believe that there won't be a new version, because these are just empty promises. It's really unprofessional to everyone who paid and now there is no upgrade. Well, not everything is in the android version.
plus whatsapp

project free tv
DWC121
Name: DWC

Post by DWC121 »

sadietomzs wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:24 am I firmly believe that there won't be a new version, because these are just empty promises. It's really unprofessional to everyone who paid and now there is no upgrade. Well, not everything is in the android version.
plus whatsapp

project free tv
I bet you're right that there will not be a new version [for Windows]. For a few years there's been quite a few updates to Yowindow for use on other platforms. Seems as if that is what the developers are focused on (Before I retired as a software developer, I also focused on other platforms). Some of the other applications I have that previously needed Flash have been fixed AND the software is on other platforms too. I never give up hope though.
A-L-E-X
Name: Alex Reynolds

Post by A-L-E-X »

chippie wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:44 am I just had to add my two cents worth!

In all my years on the Web and Forums/Communities I have never come across so many entitled/rude people! :O:

Just a few of you in this thread and some of the other similar threads...

Who on earth do you think you are! You call out the staff at YoWindow, you call them liars, you say they have deceived you. You say you are entitled to a working Windows version because you paid for it fifty years ago and even though, due to circumstances out of the YW/Developers control you cannot seem to understand why they have not delivered a working version to you yet. You moan that they should gave started development on the Windows version years before Flash was decommissioned with total disregard to any other issues that prevented them from doing so. Not that they have to explain themselves to you anyway.

Some of you refuse to install it on other platforms or devices for some reason that totally escapes me, if you miss it that much then why not do that. Not to mention there are several posts alongside this one that tell you in detail how to get it working again on Windows with a few workarounds. This will get it working so you have no reason to moan in any way shape or form anyway.

YW is not a business critical or life preserving 'app'! Not having it has ZERO impact on your productivity or quality of life (well unless you are sitting there in your underpants in your mom's basement)! YOU are NOT entitled to anything, even if it cost you thousands of dollars, these things happen!

You have been told that you will get something at some stage. If you are not prepared to wait then don't. Logout of the forum, delete your account and open your windows, there, all your problems are solved! :good:

Grow up! Stop moaning and calling people liars when you have absolutely no idea what may have happened and be happening behind the scenes. Get a life and if you want amazing animated weather then leave your warrior keyboards behind and go outside and see it in amazing 3D. How dare you call people liars, you do not know them. Listen, if you are so upset and angry about it then just leave, forget about it and go do something productive rather than sit over your keyboards insulting people.

Do not come back on here and flame me, this is my opinion about YOU just like you gave your opinion about YW and the Developers. The difference being that all I have written is the absolute truth as it is there in black and white in the form of your disgusting posts. Shameful!!!

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING!!!
Anyone can run Yowindows with a free Android emulator. I do so with Nox all the time. Honestly the thing we should ALL be requesting is that Android emulators be built into all future versions of Windows. Phones are the current and future, soon enough no one will be using computers anymore. It's a dying industry, but while they are still here all computers should have built in Android emulators.
A-L-E-X
Name: Alex Reynolds

Post by A-L-E-X »

DWC121 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:49 am I too am waiting. I check every few months for good news.

I find it strange the Windows and Mac versions were sidelined (which I believe is where Yowindow was first introduced) until the Android and iOS versions were "perfected". I refuse to put any software on my mobile device. I wonder (not for me though) if our former Windows license will work on the Android or iOS version without purchasing Yowindows again. It is too bad someone did not have the smarts to start updating the Yowindow code 8-10 months before the demise of Flash Player. I can see it now. Seven years from now, Yowindow will probably stop functioning on Android and iOS, and several months later Yowindow will be re-coded to work on some new platform that's not available now.

Stay safe.
Anyone can run Yowindows with a free Android emulator. I do so with Nox all the time. Honestly the thing we should ALL be requesting is that Android emulators be built into all future versions of Windows. Phones are the current and future, soon enough no one will be using computers anymore. It's a dying industry, but while they are still here all computers should have built in Android emulators.