Autumn around Ohio

People always talk about the weather
countryroads
Name: Marty

Autumn around Ohio

Post by countryroads »

It has really been a beautiful Autumn in Ohio USA. I thought I might share some of the pictures I have taken. There are too many to send so I have created my first web page of Autumn. This page is of Charles Mill Lake Park 10 miles north east of Mansfield near the village of Mifflin, Ohio. All of the pictures on this page are 12 mega pixel that I resized for use on the web page.

The address is http://hikingweather.net23.net/autumn20 ... smill.html .

Along with being a computer programmer, one of my hobbies is photography. I am what is known as an amateur professional photographer. My photography was all on film. You should see my camera bag for my 35mm's. I have atleast 5 35mm's along with 3 different zoom lenses, close-up lenses, extension tubes, and filters. I then got a 645 medium format camera so I could have better resolution. And then digital has basically replaced film!!!

I have 2 digital cameras that I bought just to use while bicycle riding and rock climbing. They are small and will fit in my cycling jersey pocket. So I need to put together a web page of Autumn while bicycle riding.

I bought a Nikon L110 with 15X Optical Zoom a month ago as my cycling cameras do not put out the resolution that I want. But they have there place. I really enjoy this camera. This one camera replaces the camera bag that I had to carry around with me for my 35mm's.

I hope you enjoy Autumn in Ohio USA.

Marty
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Re: Autumn around Ohio

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Marty,

I think we have a lot of same hobbys together :D
Yowindow, software, nature and photography ... (and I'm a sailer too)
Thanks for your great pictures! This is a good idea and I will install also a website to share some photos with friends.

My first digital camera was a Nikon Coolpix E 950 with 3x optical zoom an 3 megapix ;)
The next (up to 2 weeks ago) a Panasonic Lumix FZ 50 with 12x optical zoom and 10 megapix. With this bridge camera I shot more than 15.000 pics in 4 years. The new owner is Uli :D and I hope he has the same pleasure as I had.

Since 2 weeks I'm happy to have my new one: the Panasonic Lumix FZ 100 with 24x optical zoom and 14 megapix, up to 60 pics/second! and full HD video
http://www.panasonic.de/html/de_DE/Prod ... index.html

I couln't find this camera on the american website from Panasonic ... may be it is too new on the market?
After more than 1.000 photos and some vids I'm thrilled :D

I add one in the original size (one of our "tigers"). The details you can see on the exifs. The distancs was about 10 meters.
05.10.2010 12-55-39 - P1000397.zip
(5.36 MiB) Downloaded 430 times
Have a nice day
Werner
dc1jr

Post by dc1jr »

hi Marty,
hi Werner,

Marty, I did enjoy autumn on your web site - great colors.

Today it is so easy to make good photos if you have an eye for a good theme and some good digital hardware - and the best of it, it is so easy to share these shots with friends all over the globe.
I am a hobby photographer since my time at the university (early 70th) and some of my analog equipment is still out of this time.
Some of the equipment is professional (LEICA) and some is not (YASHICA / CONTAX).
I am surprised, some of these old things (filter and flashlight) perfectly matches with my new LUMIX FZ 50

But time goes by and now we have the digital century and today we are able to make pictures in really different ways and from really different view angles - a topic I discussed yesterday with Werner.

I am sure I will have a lot of fun with my new equipment from Werner. :)

dear friends have a nice day and the mood and passion to make some good photos

Uli
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

Hi Uli,
Thank you for your comments.

Hi Werner,
Here is a reply from Rascal for Tiger. ;)

Rascal loves to play around in the leaves this time of year, so he has his annual allergy. He gets a hair cut in 5 weeks and will be nice and clean then. But in order to go hiking then, he will need his fleece sweatshirt.

I am still going thru pictures from Tuesday to see if I want to make up another webpage for this theme. I also had some good pictures from my bike ride today that I may be putting into my bicycling webpage.

I was sitting a few feet away from Rascal when I took his picture. The 1:4 really brings out the detail.

I am planning to take Rascal hiking in Southern Ohio Foothills if it doesn't rain. My next webpage will probably be of Hocking Hills State Forest, Utica Ice Cream Mill (if you ever had Velvet Ice Cream), and Mohican State Park (if I can get to it as bridge is being maintained). :evil:

Have a good day,
Marty
Attachments
2010.10.19 Rascal.zip
(5.38 MiB) Downloaded 430 times
dc1jr

Post by dc1jr »

good morning Marty,

what a beautiful boy. It reminds me to the dog my relatives have had during my childhood and we loved to play with.

I am sure this is the right one for hiking in the mountains.

Where do I find your bicycling webpage?

regards

Uli
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Marty,

really nice pic from Rascal!
Hope you enjoy this landscape :D
Werner
paradisebeach rascal.zip
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 472 times
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

Hi Werner,

Thank you for the .png of Rascal. There is a State Dog Park near Columbus at Alum Creek State Park. This park has 3 sections. A big dog running area, a small dog running area, and a beach area that is posted No People Swimming. Rascal has not tried swimming, but he loves wading in the water and just walking along the beach.

Thank you again for one of Rascal's favorite things. :)

Marty
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

I have put together another webpage of Autumn pictures. These were taken with my Argus Bean 5 mega pixel while I was bicycling around Central Ohio.

The address is http://hikingweather.net23.net/autumn2010bikerides.html .

I hope you enjoy these.

Marty
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Wow Marty,

I envy you.
I must say having autumn with the sun (something very rare to us Dutch people) sure looks inviting for a ride.
And judging by your pictures you live in a nice part of America to do so by bike!
And then there's Rascal of course :)

Consider yourself lucky pal.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Enjoy the season and the rides.
Regards,

Fred
hermanz
Name: Herman

Post by hermanz »

Hi Marty

very nice pictures
I have combine some photo's of your site to one. (night and day)
bike2.jpg
bike2.jpg (74.29 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
bike1.jpg
bike1.jpg (41.26 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
gr.
Herman
(Wheather on an I(phone,pad,pod) or Android, YoWindow what else )