Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
par
Name: Pasha

Re: 0.4

Post by par »

Thanks, Marty!
What is the device you've experienced 30 seconds delay on?

The current wallpaper implementation is just for the test purpose.
I hope in the actual YoWindow we would give you an option to switch between static and dynamic representation.

That's a pity you weren't able to install YoWindow on 2.3 I wonder if YoWindow Alpha will every launch on 2.3

countryroads wrote:Hi Pasha,

I can adlib on what Fred has posted about the wallpaper.

I reverted back to my wallpaper of the paper forest on my Kyoceras.
With YoWindow wallpaper and more than one widget, the temperature and sky condition loaded very slowly.
For atleast 30 seconds, there was nothing but a white screen and then the temperature and sky finally loaded.

When I removed all but one widget and reverted back to the (live) paper forest, the temperature and sky condition loaded right away.

I have not been able to test with my Samsung 2.3.6 yet.
I click the install button from TestFlight and the home screen is returned.
I never get the load screen.

:(
Marty
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

[quote="tiggertiffin87"]I do not have wallpaper on but I do have 3 widgets on a different page. My phone has frozen 2 - 3 times now then shows a message saying yowindow has crashed.

Thanks!
I will investigate this one.
Do you remember doing anything before YoWindow crashed?

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

dramr wrote:I disconnected the internet for several hours and then connect again.
The temp in the app took a while to update, and the temp in the widget took 10 mins to update. I don't know if you set it to update every preset time or is it suppose to update live

Galaxy s4 v.4.2.2
The weather is updated once in 30 - 40 minutes depending on the weather provider.

Updating the weather on connecting is not implemented yet, but soon to be done.
At least it remembers the weather downloaded between restarts.
Thanks for reporting!

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

Wow, it took me literally 1 hour to read and answer all your reports. It takes time...
Whether you report was good or sad it was important to me, thank you, friends!

Image Image Image
tiggertiffin87
Name: Tiffin

Post by tiggertiffin87 »

par wrote:
tiggertiffin87 wrote:For the widget, I'm no longer seeing a temperature. Samsung Galaxy S4
Can you send a screen shot?

I meant wallpaper. No temperature on the wallpaper.
tiggertiffin87
Name: Tiffin

Post by tiggertiffin87 »

par wrote:
tiggertiffin87 wrote:I do not have wallpaper on but I do have 3 widgets on a different page. My phone has frozen 2 - 3 times now then shows a message saying yowindow has crashed.

Thanks!
Well just this morning it happened when I went to turn on YoWindow wallpaper. I went to live wallpapers, then Yowindow and that error message displayed. Yesterday I remember trying to go in to my email when it happened. Able to reproduce the error when I try getting YoWindow wallpaper.

I've removed the widgets so I'll see if this issue continues to happen when I'm not doing anything related to Yowindow.
s-andrew
Name: Andrew

Post by s-andrew »

par wrote:
s-andrew wrote:Hours after: live wallpaper changed into bluescreen without any animation. Same situation inside the app too. My place and temperature are showing correctly but there is simple blue screen instead clouds and sun.
After I changed live wallpaper to another picture and then returned all back, yowindow wallpaper started to work correctly.

Huawei Mediapad.

Через несколько часов работы ситуация следующая: вместо анимированных обоев - синий фон без анимации. Программа продолжает работу, но без вращающейся картинки. Та же ситуация и внутри приложения. Местоположение и температуру показывает верно, но вместо тучек и солнышка - статичная синяя картинка. После замены обоев на другие и последующего возврата к живым обоям yowindow - все работает нормально.
Спасибо!
Какое у вас устройство?
Huawei Mediapad
2013-09-25-20-34-35-377.png
par

Post by par »

tiggertiffin87 wrote:
par wrote:
tiggertiffin87 wrote:For the widget, I'm no longer seeing a temperature. Samsung Galaxy S4
Can you send a screen shot?

I meant wallpaper. No temperature on the wallpaper.
This is ok, we do not display the temperature over the wallpaper yet.
This is just a test.

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

tiggertiffin87 wrote:
par wrote:
tiggertiffin87 wrote:I do not have wallpaper on but I do have 3 widgets on a different page. My phone has frozen 2 - 3 times now then shows a message saying yowindow has crashed.

Thanks!
Well just this morning it happened when I went to turn on YoWindow wallpaper. I went to live wallpapers, then Yowindow and that error message displayed. Yesterday I remember trying to go in to my email when it happened. Able to reproduce the error when I try getting YoWindow wallpaper.

I've removed the widgets so I'll see if this issue continues to happen when I'm not doing anything related to Yowindow.
This helps a lot, thank you.
The wallpaper is the reason.

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

s-andrew wrote:
par wrote:
s-andrew wrote:Hours after: live wallpaper changed into bluescreen without any animation. Same situation inside the app too. My place and temperature are showing correctly but there is simple blue screen instead clouds and sun.
After I changed live wallpaper to another picture and then returned all back, yowindow wallpaper started to work correctly.

Huawei Mediapad.

Через несколько часов работы ситуация следующая: вместо анимированных обоев - синий фон без анимации. Программа продолжает работу, но без вращающейся картинки. Та же ситуация и внутри приложения. Местоположение и температуру показывает верно, но вместо тучек и солнышка - статичная синяя картинка. После замены обоев на другие и последующего возврата к живым обоям yowindow - все работает нормально.
Спасибо!
Какое у вас устройство?
Huawei Mediapad

Спасибо!
Спасибо отдельное за screen-shot :)

Image Image Image