no snow

Any questions? Any answers?
sylvia102

Re: no snow

Post by sylvia102 »

FvE wrote:Hi Silvia,

It can depend on where you live.
I'l try to explain:

The season map for all of the Netherlands is: 12.31:winter/01.31:naked/03.19:spring/06.20:summer/09.22:autumn/11.14:naked
This means you'll have:
- a winter landscape from december 31 untill januari 31,
- a naked landscape from januari 31 untill march 19,
- a spring landscape from march 19 untill june 20,
- a summer landscape from june 20 untill september 22,
- an autumn landscape from september 22 untill november 14 and
- a naked landscape from november 14 untill december 31.

So, if you look at the last line you will see why you have a naked landscape.
There is however one exception: If you have a temperature below or equal to -5C and it is snowing, you will see a winter landscape instead of the naked one.

Hope this helps.
If not, please let me know.
Fred
Hello Fred,

Thank you for your answer it is all clear to me now, I am late with a reply because of problems with my pc. In the meantime the snow is gone on YoWindow because the temperature here is now arround the -1 and here we still have much snow all over the country. That is very sad because I miss the snowman, he was so cute and the only thing I saw from him was 2 snowballs and 3 dots :cry:
Take care.

sylvia
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

sylvia102 wrote:Hello Fred,

Thank you for your answer it is all clear to me now, I am late with a reply because of problems with my pc. In the meantime the snow is gone on YoWindow because the temperature here is now arround the -1 and here we still have much snow all over the country. That is very sad because I miss the snowman, he was so cute and the only thing I saw from him was 2 snowballs and 3 dots :cry:
Take care.

sylvia
I know, I'm Dutch too and probably live pretty close to you :)
You should enjoy the snowman in it's further development :!:
To do so please select another location.
I've selected Saint-Petersburg for this, but you can pick anyone you like, as long as you're shure it's cold enough to have the winter landscape.

Goodluck,
Fred

PS.: Pasha has made a FAQ on which he explains the season changing:
http://yowindow.com/help.html#season_map
http://yowindow.com/help.html#season_algorithm
sylvia102

Post by sylvia102 »

FvE wrote:
sylvia102 wrote:Hello Fred,

Take care.

sylvia
I know, I'm Dutch too and probably live pretty close to you :)
You should enjoy the snowman in it's further development :!:
To do so please select another location.
I've selected Saint-Petersburg for this, but you can pick anyone you like, as long as you're shure it's cold enough to have the winter landscape.

Goodluck,
Fred

PS.: Pasha has made a FAQ on which he explains the season changing:
http://yowindow.com/help.html#season_map
http://yowindow.com/help.html#season_algorithm
Thanks Fred :D I've changed the location in Saint-Petersburg and have the snowman back, great!!
After December 31 I'll change back to my home town because I understand that on December 31 till Januari 31 the winter landscape will be back. I live in Alphen a/d Rijn in Holland.
Have a great Christmas and a happy New Year.
sylvia.
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Hi Silvia,

I live in Roelofarendsveen but spend a lot of time in Mijdrecht en Leiden also.
So as I guessed pretty near to you ;)

You don't have to change your location.
You can keep Alphen a/d Rijn as your home location and then simply add another one (or several other ones if you like).
Choose 'Locatie/Toevoegen' or press the white X in the 'Inspectiescherm'.

Let me know if you need help.
A Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you too.

Thanks,
Fred
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Sylvia & Fred,

I know it is not a really reply to your original post ;) but for me it is so nice to talk with people from the netherlands ... Fred know this ;)
My grand-grandfather was born in Alphen a/d Rijn and up to now you can find my family name "Heidotting" in this area.

I'm a sailor and so I spent a couple of years in Colijnsplaat, Steenbergen and Lemmer ... it was one of the best parts of my life.
I remember when I was 17, I had my first girl friend in Bergen op Zoom ... time has gone so fast :(

I wish you a nice Christmas and a good start for 2011!

Werner