App doesn't install from Amazon App Store

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
Aarna785
Name: Aarna Miller

Re: App doesn't install from Amazon App Store

Post by Aarna785 »

Hi Guys,story saver
I'm experiencing the same problem as Roberson. I've given permission to install unknown apps, but I still can't install from the store. I'm also seeking a solution. Looking forward to your reply with the fix. Thanks in advance.
GaborUtimi
Name: GaborUtimiIH

-

Post by GaborUtimi »

Did the latest version from the Play Store not fix this? On my device its working much better, though its still subject to ToodleDos limitations.

Ill take another look at it tonight.
Alphonso5
Name: Colby

Post by Alphonso5 »

Since Android 8, the 'install from unknown sources' setting is stored on a per-app basis. Navigate to settings > apps > Amazon, and you should find it under advanced settings. I believe it's labeled as 'Install unknown apps'.
alexissanchez22
Name: Alexis Sanchez

Post by alexissanchez22 »

If you're experiencing issues installing YoWindow Weather from the Amazon Appstore on your Google Pixel 4a 5G running Android 11, there could be several reasons for this. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. **Clear Cache and Data for Amazon Appstore**:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Navigate to Apps or Application Manager.
- Find and select Amazon Appstore from the list of installed apps.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Restart your device and try installing YoWindow Weather again from the Amazon Appstore.

2. **Check Amazon Appstore Permissions**:
- Make sure the Amazon Appstore has the necessary permissions to install apps on your device.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Amazon Appstore.
- Check if the permissions like Storage and Install unknown apps are enabled.
- If not, enable them and try installing YoWindow Weather again.

3. **Update Amazon Appstore**:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Amazon Appstore.
- Open the Amazon Appstore app.
- Go to the menu (three horizontal lines) and select Settings.
- Tap on App Updates and check for any available updates.
- If an update is available, install it and try installing YoWindow Weather again.

4. **Disable VPN or Proxy**:
- If you are using a VPN or proxy on your device, try disabling it temporarily.
- Sometimes, VPNs or proxies can interfere with app installations from third-party app stores.

5. **Download APK from Alternative Source**:
- If you're unable to install YoWindow Weather from the Amazon Appstore, consider downloading the APK file from a trusted source and installing it manually.
- Make sure to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources in your device settings before installing the APK.

6. **Contact Amazon Support**:
- If the issue persists, contact Amazon Appstore support for assistance. They may be able to provide further troubleshooting steps or insights into any potential issues with the app's compatibility.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with installing YoWindow Weather from the Amazon Appstore on your Google Pixel 4a 5G.