Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
s-andrew
Name: Andrew

Re: 0.34

Post by s-andrew »

1) Имел место один вылет: при нажатии на виджет и последующем возврате на рабочий стол.
Появилась проблема другого характера: не всегда происходит обновление живых обоев в соответствии с текущей погодой. Я наблюдал два подобных случая, когда изображение оставалось тем же, что и несколько часов назад: та же погода и время суток. Помогает перезагрузка либо смена живых обоев на какие-либо другие, затем вновь на обои yowindow.
2) На моем девайсе не отображается отрицательная температура в статус баре.
3) Кто-то уже обращал на это внимание, но хотелось бы, как и в декстоп-версии, чтобы прогноз погоды (пусть и неактуальный) отображался при отсутствии интернет-соединения.
Еще один-момент: обращал внимание несколько раз. При запуске планшета отсутствовало интернет-соединение. При его возобновлении, нажатие на кнопку "обновить погоду" непосредственно в приложении ни к какому результату не приводило. При этом интернет-соединение работало 100%, т.к. позволяло успешно серфить в интернете.
4) Вот как выглядит экран добавления виджета на рабочий стол:
Screenshot_2014-02-22-12-31-48.png
Т.е. буквы на прозрачном фоне. Если бы на рабочем столе присутствовали бы иконки приложений, прочесть что-либо было бы проблематично. Возможно, это проблема конкретного устройства, но раньше эта проблема отсутствовала.
5) Только что, при входе в приложение обнаружил, что снова исчезла верхняя панель с кнопками. К слову, FPS в этом случае поднимается до 45-50. Drow-count 6
В нормальном режиме с верхней панелью - 25-40. Drow-count 9. В пейзаже "аэропорт" последний параметр выше раза в два.
Даже не знаю, что послужило причиной исчезновения панели с кнопками. Непосредственно перед запуском приложения устанавливал живые обои.

Huawei Mediapad.
Android 4.0.3. 1280x800
Snapdragon S3 MSM8260, Adreno 220
par
Name: Pasha

Re: 0.34

Post by par »

Hey, Marty!
Most people expect YoWindow to display the temperature in the task-bar by default.
Because of this we need to put all our efforts to achieve this goal.

Having several preset locations in YoWindow helps new users to get accustomed to the way YoWindow works.

Please do not spend so much time on fighting YoWindow.
It's ok that it does not work on some old devices at the moment.

We have a big trouble with old devices support.
It may take several months to support all the old Androids out there.
Despite the app is almost finished.
Many people are waiting for YoWindow for Android to come out as soon as possible.
What should we do?
1. Take 2 - 3 months to polish YoWindow to perfection to run on all devices.
And I do really want it to be that way.
2. Release YoWindow as soon as possible, while dropping old devices support.
That's a hard question.
Probably a reasonable trade off is to release as soon as we can and then in a couple of months provide the support for old devices?
That's an open question we need to answer soon.

I think right now it's better to put off testing on the old devices until we come up with the decision.

countryroads wrote:Hi Pasha,

This is a suggestion to fix a big problem.

Can you please remove the check mark for displaying Temperature in the Status Bar?
If we want it on, we can check mark it on.

Can you please remove some of the preset locations?

The Temperature in the Status Bar and all of the preset locations are causing my Samsung 2.3.6 to crash.
Once it starts crashing, it continually crashes.

I finally got .33 running on my Samsung.
It took a lot of effort to remove all of the preset locations.

YoWindow runs slow and has the android running slow.
I tried to turn off the check mark for the Temperature in the Status Bar.
Since YoWindow has the android running slow, I was not able to do this.

It is a lot easier for someone else to turn the things on
than it is for someone using 2.3.6 or earlier to turn the things off.

I have not been able to load .34 today because of all of the crashing.
I will try it later.

:(
Marty
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image