How to make my PWS show up in YoWindow

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
randyfreelancer
Name: Randy

How to make my PWS show up in YoWindow

Post by randyfreelancer »

I have a personal weather station, and use weatherdisplay to upload data. I see the option in WD to upload a yowindow.xml file, but how can I make my station visible in the weatherstations list or map within YoWindow?
huntshaded

Re: How to make my PWS show up in YoWindow

Post by huntshaded »

YoWindow can read the weather from Weather Display through a file, composed in a special format - YoWindow weather file (yowindow.xml).
You need to set up Weather Display to generate yowindow.xml using a template.

1. Click on this link to customyowindow.txt and save a copy of it to your C:\wdisplay\webfiles folder.

2. Open that file in notepad and read the comments at the top of the file. If you have no solar/UV sensors or are not manually inputting snow, remove those sections and save the file.

Next you need to set up yowindow.xml generation.

3. Go "Setup - YOWindow Setup - Create yowindow.xml in webfiles folder" and click Yes.
randyfreelancer
Name: Randy

Post by randyfreelancer »

Well, this is quite the delayed reaction, but I just saw the response to my original question.

I've done all that, and my yowindow.xml is uploading. However, my question is how can I make my station visible in the yowindow app? Within the app, I see many local PWS's available to choose from. How can I make mine show up on that list?
kiricowell

Post by kiricowell »

If needed, you can further customize the display of your weather station in YoWindow by editing the details in the XML file before uploading
Last edited by kiricowell on Fri May 10, 2024 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.