Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

What's new?

- YoWindow warns the user when the app is installed on an external storage that Wallpaper and Widgets may not be available.
- FIXED: custom unit settings are not preserved
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
lreg72
Name: Luke

Re: 1.0.7

Post by lreg72 »

Hi Pasha

I have this error when I try and update the free version.

Not sure what I should do next so I thought I would tell you.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-08-11-16-00-58.png
par

Post by par »

Hi, Luke!

Please answer these questions.

1. Does it mean you are not able to install YoWindow?
2. Can you uninstall the previous build and install 1.0.7?
3. Is YoWindow installed to the main memory or external storage (SD card)?

Image Image Image
lreg72

Post by lreg72 »

Hi Par

I think its me. I am downloading the app you send as an .apk which is the full version I guess and then I get a message to delete the free one which you want me to use and trial. So I have deleted everything and downloaded the free version from Play store. ( I much prefer the full version as there is no logo in the live wallparer!) The free version is working fine with no problems. Which is good. The location was pretty close as well so all in all good.

Just out of curiosity, why is the Play store 12,000 for the full version and the Samsung store (galaxy apps) 11729? Not lot of difference but still a difference
par

Post by par »

Luke, please help me.
Can you try to install the Full version from Hockey, from this link on your device?
https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/a8f060f ... 8648b53fb7

Please answer the three questions I have asked in my previous message.

Image Image Image
lreg72

Post by lreg72 »

Hi Par

I have uninstalled the free app and installed the full version. The full version took me to New York City where as the free app took me to a city next to me current location. Then I had to find my home city (which is displayed at the top of the shown places as the current location but there is no way to turn that to the home city) and then to make Jakarta my home city, I had to untick Jakarta (the current location) and then everything turned out all out OK.

So, Yes I can install and uninstall YoWindow without any issues, and the app is saved to the phone not the SD card.

Hope that helps

Luke
jpmorgan49
Name: JP

Post by jpmorgan49 »

I had the same message above when I tried to install the newest version on my Galaxy S3. I did not have the program on the SD card. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled 1.07 and I did not get the message. The update worked fine on my tablet. I did notice the Geo tracking doesn't seem to be working on either device. I installed the update at home and drove to my daughters house 30 miles away and it's still showing my home city and weather. Wallpaper works fine on both devices.
Jp
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 - Android 5.0.2

par

Post by par »

jpmorgan49 wrote:I had the same message above when I tried to install the newest version on my Galaxy S3. I did not have the program on the SD card. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled 1.07 and I did not get the message. The update worked fine on my tablet. I did notice the Geo tracking doesn't seem to be working on either device. I installed the update at home and drove to my daughters house 30 miles away and it's still showing my home city and weather. Wallpaper works fine on both devices.
Jp

Thanks so much for the detailed report, JP!

It usually takes 30 minutes to 1 hour for the location to update.
YoWindow needs Internet connection to switch the locations.
In case there is still no change after 1 hour, please try to do the same experiment with Yahoo Weather.
Will YW handle the location switch better?

Image Image Image
Mattes57
Name: Matthias Kring

Post by Mattes57 »

I also got that error message (shown in 2nd post above). 1.0.7 could not be installed then.

YoWindow is NOT installed on external storage (HTC One V)
I've downloaded V 1.0.7 from hockeyapp and installed over 1.0.6 (without de-installing). That worked.

EDIT: the error is issued immediately after pressing the update button. The download did not start.
Last edited by Mattes57 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimlovejoy
Name: Jim Lovejoy

Post by jimlovejoy »

I too got the error on my Galaxy S4 4.4.3. Just had to uninstall the old version first and the new one worked like a champ.

No issues so far and do enjoy the location tracking feature.

Jim