Landscape screenshots on external hosters

ikarus1969

Landscape screenshots on external hosters

Post by ikarus1969 »

Hi girls & boys!

today i would ask you to use the upload-functionality if you post a landscape for the collection.

On some landscapes there were used some external hosters like imageshack or others. Some screenshots has vanished, were deleted, doesn't exist anymore.

That's a pity so i really would ask you to not use external image-hosters but to use the YoWindow-upload-function to save the screenshots on the yowindow-servers.

Thank you! - and have a nice weekend.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
hermanz
Name: Herman

Re: Landscape screenshots on external hosters

Post by hermanz »

Hi Reinhart :good:

I am updating the "YoWindow Landscape Collection" . I check the links. I remove broken links.Arranges landscapes. This is a lot of work.
Do you update the xls by using a script.

gr.
Herman :friends:
(Wheather on an I(phone,pad,pod) or Android, YoWindow what else )
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

hermanz wrote:Hi Reinhart :good:

I am updating the "YoWindow Landscape Collection" . I check the links. I remove broken links.Arranges landscapes. This is a lot of work.
Do you update the xls by using a script.

gr.
Herman :friends:
Hi Herman!

Yes i'm using a script to read the landscape-data directly from the forum.
At the moment the script is a "work-in-progress" - 3 screenshots:
YoWindow - Script.jpg
YoWindow - Script.jpg (253.46 KiB) Viewed 18514 times
YoWindow - Script #2.jpg
YoWindow - Script #2.jpg (278.19 KiB) Viewed 18514 times
YoWindow - Script #3.jpg
YoWindow - Script #3.jpg (262.73 KiB) Viewed 18514 times
What is not shown in the screenshot: below the data you can see in the screenshot i print the data in CSV-format which i easily can copy/paste into excel or google-doc.
What's missing of course is the tagging-information which has to be added manually.

One important restriction: it currently works only in IE because this browser let's me skip the "same domain policy" (after prompting me if he/it should allow this).
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

in addition to my previous post a screenshot where you can see the generated CSV-data
YoWindow - Script #4.jpg
YoWindow - Script #4.jpg (226.62 KiB) Viewed 18512 times
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Reinhart,
many many thanks to you for supporting my way/idea for this kind of the catalog of our landscapes :Bravo: :good:
Thanks of your script now we have all this informations in a very complex and clearly arranged view.
Google docs allows us to download the catalog in many different file forms ... so f.e. as a pdf file and print it out and I think this make Yowindow better :)
And when I see your screens, I'm shure in the very next time we will see realised also my suggestion for the thumbs of the screenshots in the Excel-catalog :Yahoo!:

At the beginning I was afraid that we both were the only one believe this way but now I'm shure it is the right way.
Great job and thanks again!

Werner
hermanz
Name: Herman

Post by hermanz »

Hi Reinhart :good:
Thanks for the clear explanation.
This will contribute to a good landscape catalog. The start is one, but to keep it up to date is another thing.

Greeting from a very windy country

Herman :beer:
(Wheather on an I(phone,pad,pod) or Android, YoWindow what else )
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Herman,
The start is one, but to keep it up to date is another thing.
I don't share your concerns and I think it is not necessary to update the catalog after each post. Now we were waiting for 2 years and in my opinion a 2 week update interval it's enough.
And perhaps in the future Pasha will find a way to actuate the catalog automaticaly ...
Werner