German translation

Have an idea?
FvE
Name: Fred

Re: German translation

Post by FvE »

Hi Guys,

Excuse me for interfering on your conversation.

If I understand Werner right he means the text "Vorhersage wurde ausgegeben" is too long.
This text is shown as soon as another weatherforecast then LIVE is chosen, i.e.: tomorrow is clicked.

In the DE-AT translation (Austrian) the text is just: "Vorhersage". I think Werner likes this better, because the (key 2) screen remains smaller then.

Maybe Acki-W misunderstood the difference on the LIVE screen and any other (tomorrow, day after tomorrow, and so on) screen.
(ID 245 resname="IDS_WEATHER_FORECAST_ISSUED" Vorhersage wurde ausgegeben, sollte Vorhersage werden)

Please forgive me if I'm wrong.
But most of all: Let's try to work out a solution that works for all of us :)

Smile guys,
Live's hard enough as it is.

Cheers,
Fred
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Fred,

thank you for your "clearing words" :!:
Indeed the only suggestion of me was/is the change from "Vorhersage wurde ausgegeben" into "Vorhersage" ... same as in the Austrian translation ... not more ..
as I wrote in my first post and I thought it was not so hard to understand ... especially the screenshots should make it understandable.
Thanks again and now I'm hopefull that the reponsible translater will change it in the near future.
Werner
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Like Fred already said: it's about id 245 which is the translation for when the forecast was issued when not being in live-mode.

Sometimes not only spoken/written words can cause misunderstandings but also words/sentences that's not written as we can see.

One user asked for a change in a translation; the other one now knows what was meant.

And if those 2 guys could make shakehands i'm sure Acki-W and Mallorca are able to do the same:
Reagan and Gorbatchev.jpg
Reagan and Gorbatchev.jpg (196.12 KiB) Viewed 17253 times
I will close this for topic now.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
Acki-W

Post by Acki-W »

Now, it should be fixed.