PWS and Davis WeatherLink

Davis WeatherLink
Bouncer7

PWS and Davis WeatherLink

Post by Bouncer7 »

Dear friends,

Thanks for any help you can give.

I've installed YoWiindow on my PC running Windows XP, updated to the lates stage, and WeatherLinkversion 5.9.2 from Davis Software.

I want to get info from my personal weather station into YoWindow. I followed the instructions to download YoWindow_us.htx. Instead of getting a file, as I expected, I got HTML (?) code instead. I pasted that code into a text editor and saved the file as yowindow.htx.

I then set up WeatherLink as described in the instructions. I feel sure the path is correct in the Davis application because a file entitled yowindow.xml has been created.

When WeatherLink tries to download the information to YoWindow I get the error message: "Error connecting to the FTP server. (87)".

I'm also running Norton 360.

Tonight, following Pasha'a suggestion, after removing the htx and xml files from the folder, I downloaded the YoWindow_us.htx file by right clicking it and saved it as a target with the name yowindow.htx.

That also generated an error in WeatherLink so I went back to the original file, as it did not create an xml file.

I disabled my firewall in Norton and got the same error message: (87)

I don't know what to do.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brad
nico

Re: PWS and Davis WeatherLink

Post by nico »

Hello Brad,

You want to use the weather data in YoWindow on your own PC ?
In that case you would not need to get an ftp-connection just a file copy/save process.

Alternatively point YoWindow to the place where WeatherLink creates the yowindow.xml file and it should work.

good luck,
nico
best regards
Nico
http://www.wsMaurik.nl/
fakiris

Re: PWS and Davis WeatherLink

Post by fakiris »

Dear Friends,

I would like to help me because i can not find the yowindow file.htx.
When I’m clicking on to download I see an empty page.

Thank you very much!

Nick
www.meteokastro.gr