YoWindow Next Version

Early builds of YoWindow for Windows
Ryan
Name: Ryan Mihalko

Re: YoWindow Next Version

Post by Ryan »

Nice work so far!
On what environment/language will it be based on?
Maybe HTML? That would make desktop live-wallpapers possible. :D
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Ryan,

I cannot tell you the language.

For at least the past year, Pasha has been going thru the Android code with a fine tooth comb and has created a multi platform version.

That multi platform version can run on android and is beginning to be able to run on iPad.

Beta testing of the multi platform version has not started yet.

After the multi platform version runs smoothly on both android and iPad, I do not know which desktop will start using the multi platform first.

As I posted before, keep the spirit and be patient a little longer.

Marty
Léon
Name: Léon

Post by Léon »

We will keep the spirit.
61mechanic
Name: Jack

Post by 61mechanic »

With Android apps working on Windows 11 does that mean that we will have Yowindow working on Windows 11 soon. I sure miss it.
Léon
Name: Léon

Post by Léon »

As far as I know the YoWindow Android app has always been working. (I don't have a smartphone).

No hope from this.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. (Android apps on Windows 11).
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

Hi Jack,

YoWindow will be working on Windows again.

Beta testing for the multi platform version for iOS has not started yet.
But it will start soon.

After that beta testing runs smoothly, Windows or Mac should be the next devices to use the multi platform version. Each one will have to have its own beta testing.

So right now, we are waiting for the beta testing of iOS.

Once all devices work with the multi platform version, if a new landscape is added all devices will need to test that landscape. That is the beauty of a multi platform version.

Watch for beta testing of iOS. The closer it gets to working 100%, the closer we are to Windows and Mac.

I hope this answers your question.

Marty
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

The following is a screenshot from YoWindow on Facebook.
Pasha or the programming team for YoWindow is explaining the new soon to be multi platform version of YoWindow.

As I have posted before, there will be a new YoWindow for Windows.

Watch for the iOS beta testing of the multi platform version.

Marty

1E4394E7-E2EF-4B22-800D-E2B8390F87E2.png
1E4394E7-E2EF-4B22-800D-E2B8390F87E2.png (978.12 KiB) Viewed 96863 times
A-L-E-X
Name: Alex Reynolds

Post by A-L-E-X »

Thanks for this! Two questions, will the new free version have the same limits as the old free version compared to the paid version for Windows?

Also, I have Windows 10, but I have a good Android emulator (Nox) that seems to run everything else well, can I use the Android version of Yowindows on that too (free version) on my computer?
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

Hi Alex,

Some Windows users have used Bluestacks to help us test the Android version of YoWindow.

Let us know how YoWindow for Android works on Nox.

When you first get the Android version working on Nox there are 2 animated landscapes that are pay for landscapes. Train station and Ocean.

The free version of Android has a limited number of days to test these.
Add a location and have it be Ocean.
Add another location and have it be Train station.
Hopefully Nox works like my ONN Android tv stick which is testing the free version of Android.
After several months, my locations that I added for these animated landscapes still have those landscapes.

If Nox and YoWindow work let us know.

If after a while you see some issues with the Android version like people not walking or something like that, post your findings under the Android section.

Have fun with YoWindow for Android.

Marty
A-L-E-X
Name: Alex Reynolds

Post by A-L-E-X »

Hi! Thanks for the help :) I've gotten it to work with Nox 7.2.0 on Windows 10! I'm not sure I have the latest version though, how can I check to see what version I have? I've added a bunch of locations, can I save unlimited locations with the free version just like I could with the Windows version and will that be the case with the new free Windows version when it comes out? Just one thing I haven't been able to figure out yet, is how to show data for weather other than temperature. I want to see humidity, wind speed, barometric pressure, etc. But I can't find a way to display that so only the temperature shows. I have it set to METAR and National Weather Service. Can I use properties to check which station is being used to update the data for each city? For example, for where I live, I want to use KJFK and see that under properties. I love seeing some new locations not previously included in the last Windows version I had-- namely Dome Fuji in Antarctica! I like saving locations that have the highest and lowest temperatures, fastest winds, the most rainfall and snowfall, etc. I hope these new locations will also be in the new Windows version when it comes out?

Will the new Windows version have all these features? I live close to New York City so I love seeing the Empire State Building panorama!