ATTENTION!!! YoWindow for Windows and Mac will not work in 2021

Early builds of YoWindow for Windows
SchwarzeMotte
Name: Katrin

Re: ATTENTION!!! YoWindow for Windows and Mac will not work in 2021

Post by SchwarzeMotte »

remco03270 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:40 pm
A-L-E-X wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:01 am
remco03270 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 pm There is another way to keep Flash (and YoWindow) running for now, although it may be controversial. As you can read in the Adobe announcement (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/re ... notes.html), there is one region in which Flash will remain supported: mainland China.

If you go to the Zhongcheng page, you can see that they also offer an English version. The ActiveX-version works with YoWindow.

As I said, it may be controversial because you are installing Chinese software on your pc. They are an official Adobe partner and the installers are signed by Adobe, but still: on your own risk.

YoWindow.jpg
Which is the Active X version? I cant translate the page lol. I installed both the one on the left (Beta Blue) and the one on the right (Regular White) and neither one made YoWindow work. Is there something else I need to do to make it work? 34.0.0.105 is the version number that was installed.
Direct link to the English site is : https://www.flash.cn/english. You should be able to select your OS and ActiveX version then.
Many, many thanks! :good: On this English site I've clicked "Need Flash Player for a different computer", chosen Windows 10 version in Step 1 and FP 34 for Internet Explorer - ActiveX in Step 2. Now I have YoWindow back on my mother's PC with Windows 10. Again, thanks to remco03270 :Rose:
Update on 10.02.2021:
Got an issue "This Flash Player is not compatible with your region". Trying to solve...
The harder the life, the harder the music ©
greenstar
Name: greenstar

Post by greenstar »

If you don't want to wait until the end of the year until YoWindow is ready, you can use the WheaterEye software until then:

https://weathereye.en.softonic.com/download

WeatherEye is free of charge.
Attachments
2021-02-11 04_49_57-.jpg
2021-02-11 04_49_57-.jpg (11.88 KiB) Viewed 707939 times
Snicker

Post by Snicker »

I really hope you can prioritize a new version for Windows. I have recommended this app to so many.
Where theres pleasure, theres always some pain
-------------
Snicker
Snicker

Post by Snicker »

NoReply wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:42 pm I wonder which technology the next YoWindow will use...
CSS3?
Most likely HTML5
Where theres pleasure, theres always some pain
-------------
Snicker
DWC121
Name: DWC

Post by DWC121 »

How many YEARS did the makers of Yowindow (repkasoft) know that Flash would disappear? They gambled that Flash would not go away but it was still poor planning on their part. I have cleanly installed several older versions of Flash (not all at once) but all my browsers refuse to run any version of Flash. Maybe Yowindow will come back to life late in 2021.
SchwarzeMotte
Name: Katrin

Post by SchwarzeMotte »

DWC121 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:07 am How many YEARS did the makers of Yowindow (repkasoft) know that Flash would disappear? They gambled that Flash would not go away but it was still poor planning on their part. I have cleanly installed several older versions of Flash (not all at once) but all my browsers refuse to run any version of Flash. Maybe Yowindow will come back to life late in 2021.
Unfortunately none of browsers supports Flash now... with older versions of Flash Active X it is only possible to run a desktop YoWindow
The harder the life, the harder the music ©
StephieQueen
Name: Stephanie

Post by StephieQueen »

SchwarzeMotte wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Which is the Active X version? I cant translate the page lol. I installed both the one on the left (Beta Blue) and the one on the right (Regular White) and neither one made YoWindow work. Is there something else I need to do to make it work? 34.0.0.105 is the version number that was installed.
Direct link to the English site is : https://www.flash.cn/english. You should be able to select your OS and ActiveX version then.
Many, many thanks! :good: On this English site I've clicked "Need Flash Player for a different computer", chosen Windows 10 version in Step 1 and FP 34 for Internet Explorer - ActiveX in Step 2. Now I have YoWindow back on my mother's PC with Windows 10. Again, thanks to remco03270 :Rose:
Update on 10.02.2021:
Got an issue "This Flash Player is not compatible with your region". Trying to solve...
So I was able to get around the "Flash Player is not compatible with your region" thing (which I get when I restart my computer) by completely closing down YoWindow (make sure it's not just minimized) and then switching my region to any other region in my VPN and starting YoWindow. That fixes it for me. <3
A-L-E-X
Name: Alex Reynolds

Post by A-L-E-X »

Thank you so much! <3

I needed to get a VPN lol
A-L-E-X

Post by A-L-E-X »

SchwarzeMotte wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:55 am
A-L-E-X wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:42 am
SchwarzeMotte wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:56 pm Hi guys, found the solution for the Windows 7 desktop version: 1) uninstall Adobe Flash Player completely and clean the register (for example, with CCleaner) 2) download and install an older version of Adobe Flash Player (not newer than 32.0.0.371!) 3) check that the update is turned off 4) enjoy our favourite program :wink:
unfortunately it can no longer be found anywhere
Why?? Just try this, for example: https://www.softyupdates.com/2020/04/ad ... 00363.html
wait if I install this version right now, Yowindow will work? Right now I have all flash uninstalled
A-L-E-X

Post by A-L-E-X »

remco03270 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 pm There is another way to keep Flash (and YoWindow) running for now, although it may be controversial. As you can read in the Adobe announcement (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/re ... notes.html), there is one region in which Flash will remain supported: mainland China.

If you go to the Zhongcheng page, you can see that they also offer an English version. The ActiveX-version works with YoWindow.

As I said, it may be controversial because you are installing Chinese software on your pc. They are an official Adobe partner and the installers are signed by Adobe, but still: on your own risk.

YoWindow.jpg
I clicked on that and it said it was version 34.0.0.137, isn't that too new to work with Yowindow?