ATTENTION!!! YoWindow for Windows and Mac will not work in 2021

Early builds of YoWindow for Windows
Clickelnet
Name: Frederic Montoya

Re: ATTENTION!!! YoWindow for Windows and Mac will not work in 2021

Post by Clickelnet » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:54 am

Hi !

I succeed to reinstall version 32.0.0.371 of Flash Player and YoWindow Screen Saver does currently work well ... :Yahoo!: But still be carefull if you try !

A-L-E-X
Name: Alex Reynolds

Post by A-L-E-X » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:32 pm

Flash isn't needed and neither are the flashy graphics. Please just make a text version of the program that displays all locations (I have over 100 saved) in tabular form, like a spread sheet and updated automatically with all weather data saved as a log file. That will be more than enough! Also, please keep the program free, dont need all the extra graphics stuff that doesn't apply to science. You can make searching locations easier by making them searchable by three letter airport code or WMO code (I use this for Summit Camp, Greenland, which is a research station as well as research stations in Antarctica like Vostok and Dome A and Dome C. and Verkhoyansk and Oymyakon in Siberia, Russia. I like keeping track of world record cold and hot temperatures- for heat I have Death Valley, CA, Ahvaz, Iran, Basra, Iraq and Turbat, Pakistan.)
Last edited by A-L-E-X on Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A-L-E-X

Post by A-L-E-X » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:35 pm

Clickelnet wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:54 am
Hi !

I succeed to reinstall version 32.0.0.371 of Flash Player and YoWindow Screen Saver does currently work well ... :Yahoo!: But still be carefull if you try !
But not the program itself right? I cant keep track of my 100 locations, I want a text based tabular version so I can view all my locations simutaneously dont need the flashy graphics at all.

A-L-E-X

Post by A-L-E-X » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:38 pm

par wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:56 pm
This is rather optimistic to think we make it by the end of 2021.
The work is huge.
Dont need to do all that Par. Flash isn't needed and neither are the flashy graphics. Please just make a text version of the program that displays all locations (I have over 100 saved) in tabular form, like a spread sheet and updated automatically with all weather data saved as a log file. That will be more than enough! Also, please keep the program free, dont need all the extra graphics stuff that doesn't apply to science. You can make searching locations easier by making them searchable by three letter airport code or WMO code (I use this for Summit Camp, Greenland, which is a research station as well as research stations in Antarctica like Vostok and Dome A and Dome C. and Verkhoyansk and Oymyakon in Siberia, Russia. I like keeping track of world record cold and hot temperatures- for heat I have Death Valley, CA, Ahvaz, Iran, Basra, Iraq and Turbat, Pakistan.)

A-L-E-X

Post by A-L-E-X » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:01 am

remco03270 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 pm
There is another way to keep Flash (and YoWindow) running for now, although it may be controversial. As you can read in the Adobe announcement (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/re ... notes.html), there is one region in which Flash will remain supported: mainland China.

If you go to the Zhongcheng page, you can see that they also offer an English version. The ActiveX-version works with YoWindow.

As I said, it may be controversial because you are installing Chinese software on your pc. They are an official Adobe partner and the installers are signed by Adobe, but still: on your own risk.

YoWindow.jpg
Which is the Active X version? I cant translate the page lol. I installed both the one on the left (Beta Blue) and the one on the right (Regular White) and neither one made YoWindow work. Is there something else I need to do to make it work? 34.0.0.105 is the version number that was installed.

A-L-E-X

Post by A-L-E-X » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:42 am

Clickelnet wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:54 am
Hi !

it can no longer be found anywhere

A-L-E-X

Post by A-L-E-X » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:42 am

SchwarzeMotte wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:56 pm
Hi guys, found the solution for the Windows 7 desktop version: 1) uninstall Adobe Flash Player completely and clean the register (for example, with CCleaner) 2) download and install an older version of Adobe Flash Player (not newer than 32.0.0.371!) 3) check that the update is turned off 4) enjoy our favourite program :wink:
unfortunately it can no longer be found anywhere

SchwarzeMotte
Name: Katrin

Post by SchwarzeMotte » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:55 am

A-L-E-X wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:42 am
SchwarzeMotte wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:56 pm
Hi guys, found the solution for the Windows 7 desktop version: 1) uninstall Adobe Flash Player completely and clean the register (for example, with CCleaner) 2) download and install an older version of Adobe Flash Player (not newer than 32.0.0.371!) 3) check that the update is turned off 4) enjoy our favourite program :wink:
unfortunately it can no longer be found anywhere
Why?? Just try this, for example: https://www.softyupdates.com/2020/04/ad ... 00363.html
The harder the life, the harder the music ©

remco03270
Name: R.

Post by remco03270 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:40 pm

A-L-E-X wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:01 am
remco03270 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 pm
There is another way to keep Flash (and YoWindow) running for now, although it may be controversial. As you can read in the Adobe announcement (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/re ... notes.html), there is one region in which Flash will remain supported: mainland China.

If you go to the Zhongcheng page, you can see that they also offer an English version. The ActiveX-version works with YoWindow.

As I said, it may be controversial because you are installing Chinese software on your pc. They are an official Adobe partner and the installers are signed by Adobe, but still: on your own risk.

YoWindow.jpg
Which is the Active X version? I cant translate the page lol. I installed both the one on the left (Beta Blue) and the one on the right (Regular White) and neither one made YoWindow work. Is there something else I need to do to make it work? 34.0.0.105 is the version number that was installed.
Direct link to the English site is : https://www.flash.cn/english. You should be able to select your OS and ActiveX version then.

NoReply

Post by NoReply » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:42 pm

I wonder which technology the next YoWindow will use...
CSS3?