YoWindow Next Version

Early builds of YoWindow for Windows
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: YoWindow Next Version

Post by countryroads »

Hi Alex,

If all you are seeing is the temperature, try to tap or touch the temperature and drag it down. On my Android, that will display everything. Forecast, feels like, humidity, etc.

After you are able to drag it down and see everything, at the top right there are 3 dots. The 3 dots are your menu. Go to Settings in that menu. At the very bottom of Settings is About. About will show you what build or version number that you are using.

Village, Valley, Seaside, Oriental, and Airport are free animated landscapes. They can be saved just like before. Ocean and Train station are for unlimited users or can be paid for. I recommend you to set up 2 locations with these landscapes while you can.

Ocean is really interesting. Whales, dolphins, sinking ships, etc. plus you can help us testing them.

The windiest METAR station is at the top of Mount Washington, New Hampshire. It is KMWN.

I hope this information helps you.

Marty
A-L-E-X
Name: Alex Reynolds

Post by A-L-E-X »

Thanks I just added KMWN! Are the number of locations I can add unlimited in the free Android version just like they will be in the upcoming free Windows version? I'm curious to see how it will be implemented without Flash....and very excited about it because from what I can see, the Android version has better graphics than the Flash version did.
armorbeast
Name: Steven

Post by armorbeast »

When is the next Windows version going to be released? I'm impatient.
Léon
Name: Léon

Post by Léon »

All these long lasting promises are very frustrating indeed!
Tihomir Z
Name: Tihomir

Post by Tihomir Z »

I firmly believe that there won't be a new version, because these are just empty promises. It's really unprofessional to everyone who paid and now there is no upgrade. Well, not everything is in the android version.
Sadly, here we say it like this: promise, crazy joy.
Just that much.
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Again, I need to tell all of you to keep the faith.

There will be a new YoWindow running on Windows.
The multi platform version is what is being worked on now.

Alex has a Nox emulator on his windows and is running what he calls the Android version.
You can do the same so that you can see what Windows will look like.

The cross platform language that is being used has Pasha and the team doing step 1.
Getting the mobiles to work alike.
After that, step 2 should be Windows and Mac.
And then other steps after that for smart watches and others.

The common code for all devices is what is being worked on now.
The multi platform version is the common code.

Alex, the graphics that you see on your Nox emulator are the graphics that you will see on Windows. I do not know about the limits of locations right now.

Everyone. Please keep the faith.
61mechanic
Name: Jack

Post by 61mechanic »

Why are we not getting any updates from Par. It appears he has not been on here in a long time.
A-L-E-X
Name: Alex Reynolds

Post by A-L-E-X »

countryroads wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:30 am Again, I need to tell all of you to keep the faith.

There will be a new YoWindow running on Windows.
The multi platform version is what is being worked on now.

Alex has a Nox emulator on his windows and is running what he calls the Android version.
You can do the same so that you can see what Windows will look like.

The cross platform language that is being used has Pasha and the team doing step 1.
Getting the mobiles to work alike.
After that, step 2 should be Windows and Mac.
And then other steps after that for smart watches and others.

The common code for all devices is what is being worked on now.
The multi platform version is the common code.

Alex, the graphics that you see on your Nox emulator are the graphics that you will see on Windows. I do not know about the limits of locations right now.

Everyone. Please keep the faith.
It works fine, just Nox is a little laggy but Yowindow is great. I would love to have all the same locations in the free version (at least 50) so hopefully that can be done!
jim0214
Name: Jim C

Post by jim0214 »

To say I'm peeved, is putting it mildly. Why in the F-ing are phone apps more important than Windows or Mac??? We are the ones that paid and got them to the place they are now, not Android or any other system. And once again. Tell me why, anyone should have to monkey around with some emulator just to get the SOB software to work that was promise two years ago? All I hear is, be patient, hang in there, keep the faith BS. How much of that am I to take? Let me repeat this again, so it sinks in, (2) two years, of listening to dead air! The last time we hear from Pasha are anyone was 10 months ago. I don't care about a rats butt in a rolling donut about any other OS system, but Windows and for YoWindow to work again. I'm tired of waiting. There I've said it, when no one else would
Tihomir Z
Name: Tihomir

Post by Tihomir Z »

Yes, as smart as one can say. Shameful and unprofessional of all leading people. I've been with Yowindow since the first days, and now the android version has caught on like a drunkard. I say once again that there will be nothing new for windows, promises of crazy joy. I paid for the license, which is now worthless, although I don't use it on my abdroid phone either. I don't know what led to this situation. But, just say patience. wait, have faith and that nonsense is not nice or professional.
Thank you and I wish everyone a nice and pleasant day.