Using JPG versus jpg

Feature discussion
countryroads
Name: Marty

Using JPG versus jpg

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

In the past, I have gone thru a process of resizing a JPG or jpg and then converting to a png. I then use the png as the source in Turning Picture into Landscape.

I just tried using a JPG as the source and get a message stating incorrect format. If I convert this same JPG to a png and then use the png, everything works. :?

I also tried using a jpg as the source and everything works.

Some cameras attach JPG and some attach jpg. Aren't they the same format even though the extension is in upper or lower case? I am able to work around by converting to png and using that as the source. But why can't I use a JPG? :evil:

Thanks in advance,

Marty
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Using JPG versus jpg

Post by par »

Dear Marty, I don't know the difference between JPG and jpg.
As far as I know if the file extention is JpG jpg or JPG this is the same file format.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

I think it's a question of the filter of filetypes the dialog for choosing the file provides. At least it seems so; i made some "investigations"

The filters provided in the dialog are: "*.jpg", ".jpeg", "*.gif" and "*.png"

I renamed a "jpg" to "JPG" and it doesn't work.
I renamed the "jpg" to "jpeg" - it worked. But renaming it to ".jPEg" it doesn't work.

Pavel, maybe you could give it a try to extend the filter to "*.JPG" and/or "*.JPEG"?
I know you can't add all possible combinations of the 4 filetypes but just to know if it's the filter :|
(And if it's the filter if this is a windows or a flash issue)

On the other hand, you can choose the file - its name is displayed in the textbox after choosing.
Maybe there's an additional check of filetypes after the dialog?
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thanks Reinhart, I have found the error in the program, will be fixed in the next RC along with "have fun" error you have mentioned recently.
Unfortunately "options dialog" problem turned out to be a very complex. It will be fixed but not soon.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

par wrote:Unfortunately "options dialog" problem turned out to be a very complex. It will be fixed but not soon.
That's more than ok.
At least i don't mind - i usually don't use the options-dialog for a landscape at all (or very rarely) 8-)
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

I tried a JPG and it works. :)

Thank you Pasha and Reinhart.

Marty