RC 427

Early builds of YoWindow for Windows
ikarus1969

RC 427

Post by ikarus1969 »

Hi Pavel!

just a question: when looking in the future (Ctrl-Right or by Mouse-click on the arrow-right) the current weather changes according to the forecast for that day (YoWindow itself and the inspector).

Only the forecast panel(s) aren't synchronized to the day i am watching.

I mean "today", "tomorrow" and the other forecast panels show the weather based on the current date and not based on the day i selected.

Is this intended?
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
ikarus1969

RC 427 - consuming up to 9% CPU when not active

Post by ikarus1969 »

Hi Pavel,

for RC 426 you've asked if YoWindow still consumes much (in this case up to 10%) CPU when the window is deactivated.

It is so with RC 427 on my system:
YoWindow - RC 427 - consumes up to 9% of processor when deactivated.jpg
YoWindow - RC 427 - consumes up to 9% of processor when deactivated.jpg (245.81 KiB) Viewed 9159 times
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
YuriPet
Name: Yurii Petrashko

Re: RC 427

Post by YuriPet »

How do you manage to get such consumption?
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

ikarus1969 wrote:Hi Pavel!

just a question: when looking in the future (Ctrl-Right or by Mouse-click on the arrow-right) the current weather changes according to the forecast for that day (YoWindow itself and the inspector).

Only the forecast panel(s) aren't synchronized to the day i am watching.

I mean "today", "tomorrow" and the other forecast panels show the weather based on the current date and not based on the day i selected.

Is this intended?
HI Reinhart,
I couldn't repeat the changes you see ... all shown datas are the same :?
Werner
Mallorca

Post by Mallorca »

Hi guys,
don't trust the Windows Task Manager and its datas :!:
I can show you screenshots from 0 to 30 % CPU and 50 to 170 Kb RAM for the Yowindow application if you like :shock:
Try it out and you will get the same experience ...
Werner
ace2701

Post by ace2701 »

Just a little problem with the last few versions.
Actually, since you went on vacation, the sunset and
sunrise times haven't changed. They still show 5:34PM
and 7:14AM. Currently using b427.

Oops -- just Googled sunset time, and it shows 5:34PM. How come it was 5:34PM on my YoWindow for the last few days? :oops:
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Mallorca wrote:Hi guys,
don't trust the Windows Task Manager and its datas :!:
I can show you screenshots from 0 to 30 % CPU and 50 to 170 Kb RAM for the Yowindow application if you like :shock:
Try it out and you will get the same experience ...
Werner
Ok, strange - so i will look for another task manager. Wasn't there a task-manager from "sysinternals"?

Or is there a recommendation?
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

I'm using Task Manager from sysinternals (Microsoft has bought them by the way)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96653.aspx

However I doubt that original Windows Task Manager displays inaccurate inormation.
I can't repeat CPU consumption also so I tend to think there must be some special condition to repeat the case.
Reinhart what do you think, is there anything special in your YoWindow setup that might trigger YoWindow to work in the background?
Can you repeat the error right after YoWindow start?
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

par wrote:I'm using Task Manager from sysinternals (Microsoft has bought them by the way)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96653.aspx

However I doubt that original Windows Task Manager displays inaccurate inormation.
I can't repeat CPU consumption also so I tend to think there must be some special condition to repeat the case.
Reinhart what do you think, is there anything special in your YoWindow setup that might trigger YoWindow to work in the background?
Can you repeat the error right after YoWindow start?
Now i am at the office and downloaded the task-manager from sysinternals. With this utility there's no CPU consumption of YoWindow at all when inactive:
So i have to look at my laptop at home with a little bit more detail. For now i'm completely satisfied with it!
YoWindow - inactive.jpg
YoWindow - inactive.jpg (35.82 KiB) Viewed 9113 times
below the CPU consumption when active:
YoWindow - active.jpg
YoWindow - active.jpg (53.63 KiB) Viewed 9113 times
Mallorca

Post by Mallorca »

Hi friends,
I'm using the taskmanager from sysinternals also and I can tell you we NEVER will get the same datas! And never it is Zero.

The CPU and RAM usage depends on:
1. of the window size show Yowindow (go to "normal" view and then change the size)
2. the landscape (it's a big difference between the default landscape with all the movements and a private "static" landscape
3. the shown weatherconditions (change between "sunny, no wind" and "snow, strong wind")

In my case the CPU usage is between +- 1% and more than 15%, the RAM usage between +- 40 KB and +- 80 KB.
Werner