0.0.6 - more sounds, landscape button, surprise

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to iOS edition of YoWindow
par
Name: Pasha

0.0.6 - more sounds, landscape button, surprise

Post by par »

- FIXED: errors found in the prevous build

- Landscape button replaced Reload button

- All sounds are in stereo. You can feel where the sound is coming from.
- New sounds

Code: Select all

- Airport
		- planes: takeoff, landing, taxi wheeling
	- Seaside
		- waves
		- cutter
		- big ship horn
I need your feedback on sounds.
Let me know which one you like and which irritate you.
Don't try to please us, say what you think!

And, we have a surprise for you.
Shake the device hard - see what's going to happen.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Wally©
Name: Walter

Re: 0.0.6 - more sounds, landscape button, surprise

Post by Wally© »

Love the balloons !!!!
Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
Wally©

Post by Wally© »

Crashes on my iPad2 on 5.0.1...
Attachments
IMG_0156.PNG
IMG_0155.PNG
IMG_0154.PNG
Wally©...

PernicketyPete
Name: Pete

Post by PernicketyPete »

I also had unexpected crash with oriental landscape. iPhone 4S. Had to close down app and reopen before I could get it to respond. After crash app had lost my unit preferences.

Pete.
Weather data suplied by Chilthorne Weather
Visit http://www.chilthorneweather.co.uk for live weather information from Chilthorne Domer, Somerset.
Wally©

Post by Wally© »

No problem encountered so far on my iPhone4 (5.0.1)
Wally©...

PernicketyPete
Name: Pete

Post by PernicketyPete »

Loving the sounds. How about some seagulls for the seaside? Bird song for the village? Maybe some oriental music for the oriental landscape? I don't dislike any of them. Wind would be a good one, over a certain speed.

The balloons are great. Is it possible to make some fly behind the clouds. I think that would look a little better. Maybe fireworks at night?

How about some people going about their business in the landscapes? May make it a little more interesting from a visual point of view.

Pete
Weather data suplied by Chilthorne Weather
Visit http://www.chilthorneweather.co.uk for live weather information from Chilthorne Domer, Somerset.
stitch0852

Post by stitch0852 »

NOTE: Have been reading previous posts so I will break these into individuals and post.

Have an iPad 2, "new" iPad, and iPhone 4S. Installed this version on all three devices. Noted the following issues.

For information, this is the first beta testing for this app I have done, so no remnants of a previous version to cause problems.

"new" iPad installation:
The program installed without a hitch then popped up and asked if I wanted to upgrade when I started. I did, but later determined it must be a default setting, so it has been ignored now.

Once past that, all I see is sky. I cannot select a background to use. I powered the device down fully and restarted. On restart, I was able to pull up the background scenes but selecting one did not change it to that scene. Still stuck on sky, although it does match local weather forecasts. I see that is related to the iPad's resolution itself, but will keep watching it.

iPad 2 installation:

The icon is different from the other two devices. It is a partial cartoonish face with two big eyes instead of a full sun. I have no sound on this device for the program. I have the volume at the highest setting and have ensured the sound setting is on in the program, but no sounds.

I did make Milly fly, though! :) The image appears to be of a very good quality for the iPad 2 display and fills the display area entirely. I turned the sound off, closed the app and then restarted and reopened to try to reset the sound. No sound. I tried selecting another background. I got the menu open and selected another background (Seaside). It did not change and now the background selection will not respond to attempts to change it. The wind is blowing 16-20 in the forecast and the scenery appears to reflect that.

iPhone 4S installation:

Installation went well on this device. It also asked about an upgrade which I have told it to ignore (same version as what was installed).

I can change the backgrounds on this device.

Sounds:

The sounds for Seaside are faint, even with the device volume to the extents. It sounds like an old movie projector and a faint hammer on wood.

The sounds for the airport seem to be good. Wind sock is blowing out to the east (assuming to the right side is east?) The sounds stopped after I received an email alert and after the app had been running for a few minutes untouched.

No sounds in oriental, sky, and village.

On all three devices there is a text box in the upper right corner (over the background button) that possibly is supposed to be there for the testing? It is black with white text in three rows. I see it in images posted so assume, for now, it is supposed to be there.

The image attached is of the iPad 2 icon I got.

Just for info, all three of my devices are running the latest iOS for them.
Attachments
Icon for 0.0.6 version out 5 Dec 2012
Icon for 0.0.6 version out 5 Dec 2012
Last edited by stitch0852 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
iPhone 4S, iPad 2 3G, "new" iPad 3G
stitch0852

Post by stitch0852 »

I also have a PWS. Is there going to be the capability to select my weather station in the future on the mobile devices such as already exists for the desktop version?
iPhone 4S, iPad 2 3G, "new" iPad 3G
tph06784

Post by tph06784 »

It's working great on my iPhone5. Love the sounds and baloons. On the iPad 3 I still only get the sky and when I touch landscape button I get a console crash.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thanks, Tom!
I will try to recover landscapes on New iPad.

Reinhart, thank you for extracting errors into separate posts.
Saved my time.

Friends, if you to find a new error please open a separate topic.
Do not reply in the build topic.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image