Weather Reports

People always talk about the weather
Skydrag

Re: Weather Reports

Post by Skydrag »

Hässleholm Sweden this Thursday morning:
-2 degrees, foggy and almost no wind at all (meaning se 2 m/s)

Dirty old snow on the ground but the birds actually do sound different.
They sing: It's spring..
Well.. Soon....but never soon enough if you ask me.. :D

BTW, wouldn't it be better to move this topic to the Talks forum Weather thread?
I guess it 'd be easier to find there ;)
(Edit by ikarus1969: moved from the Questions-forum - thanks for your hint!)

Wish you all a phantastic day!
/Sky...
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

Hello, I am Ray and I live a bit further south to Pau57...
daddylito wrote:Pau57!
You seems to live near the Olympics!
Please give a report of your experiences of these games!
How have these games affected the life for you living there? :P
My experiences are not that great... :(

Considering that 3 governments (municipal [the city of Vancouver], provincial [British Columbia] and federal [Canada]) had already spent (before the opening of the games) in excess of 3 billion dollars (indeed that is billion of dollars) for 2 weeks of partying for less than 5000 privilege people...

Meanwhile, the provincial [British Columbia] has been cutting budgets and services in education and health and increasing costs for a number of services...

So, you are wondering how the 2010 Olympic games have affected the life for the people living in British Columbia ... well, we should be paying for those games for the next 10 years while getting less and less services from our governments...

Having lived in Montreal (Quebec, Canada) for a good portion of my life, I remember that it took 30 years to repay the 1996 Olympic debt...

And on the international scene ... that situation in Greece ... and their national debt of 400 billions of dollars ... a large portion of that debt incurred for their last Olympic games...
daddylito

Post by daddylito »

Thanks Ray for your report!

I am sorry not answering your excellent report until now!

Sweden where I live have for tried a few times to get the Winter Olympics,
but still failed!
But, as I understand it, we should be happy as long as we keep failing getting it.

If the costs are as you describe them, then Olympics is redicoulous!
I believed that selling TV time should reduce most of the costs!

Sorry Pasha, next Winter Olympics it will be your wallet that loses weight.

Thanks again Ray for letting us know!
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

daddylito wrote:If the costs are as you describe them, then Olympics is redicoulous!
The Olympics are good for a very few people, the representatives of the International Olympic Committee (these people go everywhere and stay everywhere and pay nothing for their expenses) and the top people managing the local city/country Olympic committee (again, those people have all their expenses paid).
daddylito wrote:I believed that selling TV time should reduce most of the costs!
The moneys paid by the TV broadcasters for the Olympic games does not go to the city/country hosting the games but goes to the International Olympic Committee (only a small fraction/percentage of that money ever end up being paid to the city/country hosting the games) - the United States of America are the only country in the world that has received (for its past Olympic game hosting) half of the moneys paid by broadcasters because it had signed an agreement with the International Olympic Committee years ago.
daddylito wrote:Sorry Pasha, next Winter Olympics it will be your wallet that loses weight.
I do not know how much money the central government is planning to invest, but much more money (than planned) will be needed to pay for the next Olympic games as the weather will probably be a lot warmer than it has been here in British Columbia and a lot of snow will have to be trucked in ... remember: global warming... :mrgreen:
stano

Post by stano »

Well its the 2nd of April and its dull and overcast and just started to rain here. Nothing like spring at all :(
daddylito

Hot apple!

Post by daddylito »

Read a few days ago that New York have measured hottest april ever!
32.2 Celsius, former record from 1929 was 31.6
April mean temperature, daily max in Big Apple are: 14.6 Celsius.

http://www.worldweather.org/093/c00278.htm

Those who thouht that the climat changes everyone is talking of, is bullshit due to the cold winter we experienced,
might perhaps change there minds!
Tihomir Z
Name: Tihomir

Post by Tihomir Z »

Here, you put a picture with my Webcamera, what is the time in my area. :)
Tihomir Z

Post by Tihomir Z »

Nowadays passes in anticipation of rain, which already announced a few days. Picture with the current situation with me, are wonderful Cumulus today. 8-)
Tihomir Z

Post by Tihomir Z »

Today was another beautiful day. There are a lot of clouds, I enjoy such a day. I was on a shorter bike ride. Momentary is 24.6 ° C, a picture of a while ago. 8-)
Tihomir Z

Post by Tihomir Z »

Greeting
Here, to write to me as a real summer day, hot pictures of the current situation usually better to speak. ;) 8-)