Seaside - a new YoWindow landscape

No news - good news
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Seaside - a new YoWindow landscape

Post by par »

Ah... feels so good to read the support words, thank you guys! :)
The reason behind the new logo was obvious.
We need people who pass by a computer with YoWindow to know the name of the software.
To spread the word.
The old green copyright label was not good for this goal.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
HowardR
Name: Howard

Post by HowardR »

Agreed! YoWindow should certainly promote itself as effectively as possible, and not simply because this wonderfully intelligent software is good (which it is) but because it's so astonishingly useful. We've come to trust it implicitly, and though it obviously depends on the accuracy of data supplied by meteorological sources, YoWindow has invariably been spot on in its forecasting.

(We're based in England's far north, between The Lake District and Hadrian's Wall, and our met server is the Norwegian weather service. We weren't too sure about that to begin with, but seeing as how our BBC weather forecasts, using the UK Met office, have generally been unreliable, we figured well, why not? Last Sunday, we decided we'd pop down to one of the lakes for breakfast and a morning stroll. YoWindow didn't report a favourable outlook. But it did for Wednesday. So we decided to wait for the promised clear skies and bright sunshine. Which is exactly what happened: a spectacularly beautiful morning amidst the lakes and mountains, the day crystal clear. And, of course, not a single tourist in sight, the roads virtually empty.)

On a side note: I seem to spend a lot of my time uninstalling bloatware and trialware on friends' new computers. They don't ask for it to be there and, especially, they don't ask for the awful 60-day "free subscriptions" to certain antivirus products. (Sadly, some of 'em have, in the past, fallen for this and paid for a year's discounted subscription at the end of the trial period -- and then, because they've failed to read the very, very small print, have been hit with an auto-renewal at full price 12 months later which has blasted a large hole in their credit card. This auto-renewal con trick really is despicable.)

The publishers of all this software pre-installed on new computers pay a hefty chunk of money to the manufacturer (are you listening, Dell?) for product placement, and there's no way YoWindow with its limited finances is going to be able to compete.

But, but, but. . . If I did come across a new computer which arrived with YoWindow pre-installed, then though everything else would get stripped off, YoWindow would stay there. Because it's that good.

You keep on blowing that trumpet of yours, YoWindow gang: anything that helps to widen the user-base and ensure the app's long-term success is fine by me! :)
LoneWolf_53

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I have no issue with the logo though for what it's worth it might be nice for a user to be able to choose their own color for it.
LoneWolf_53

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

For what it's worth I have 30kph wind right now in my location and I have no sail boats at all on the water.
par

Post by par »

Howard, thank you so much, my dream is YoWindow shipped with major weather stations (La Crosse and Davis Weathe rLink) :)

Image Image Image
lazycat

Post by lazycat »

Frogger wrote:WOW! The new landscape looks really good, well done! Thank you.

But, the new YoWindow logo looks huge and distracting - is there any
chance of making it a bit smaller, or even the possibility of Unlimited
Edition users being able to turn it off please?

Thanks.

Steve
Maybe that would be a good idea. I'd like to see it available in the free :geek: .
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

lazycat wrote:Maybe that would be a good idea. I'd like to see it available in the free :geek: .
What are you asking for?
The logo can be switched to small.

Any chance you could make your 'signature' a bit smaller Princess :?

Thanks,
Fred
HowardR
Name: Howard

Post by HowardR »

I must have a different kind of vision to some others: I don't find the new YoWindow logo "huge" or "distracting" -- it's tucked down neatly at bottom left, and with so much going on in the great animations of village and seaside, doesn't distract me in the slightest, and especially when the app's focal point is way over to the right anyway. Perhaps aesthetic considerations (such as they may be) come into play at smaller screen sizes than my 22" display (albeit a size which nowadays seems pretty commonplace.)
carla_francisco
Name: Carla Francisco

Post by carla_francisco »

I just bought an unlimited licence and I'm very happy with YoWindow - I just wish there were many more YoWindow-made landscapes :)
I hope you keep adding new ones at a good pace :wink:

Thanks and keep up the good work!
par

Post by par »

Carla, thank you very much!
Welcome to the forum!
We are working on a new landscape, hopefully it will be availble soon.
And it will be free for you since you have bought the Unlimited license :)

Image Image Image