My World Weather Play Toy

countryroads
Name: Marty

My World Weather Play Toy

Post by countryroads »

After revising my hiking weather website, I thought it would be nice to have a World Weather website.

I have created a subdomain just for showing current activity and 5 day forecasts for the World, the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia. These are then broken down into the countries within these regions. I have satellite maps for the entire World. Only one problem with the satellite maps - have you ever flattened a globe? You get fragmentation! The closer you get to the Polar Regions the more fragmentation. Europe and the USA are not fragmented.

I tracked down an entire set of forecasts and satellite maps from CNN that are really nice and also tracked down a set from Weather.com. You will find these both on CNN Maps. Weather.com has forecast maps for individual countries and regions. Canada and the USA have been split into regions. So I created Region Maps to display the individual countries and regions.

I have put blank space into my tables separating the Americas from Europe and Asia. I have tested on both my Windows XP, my Windows 7, my Linux, Internet Explorer 8,
Firefox, and Google Chrome. The only problem that I am running into is cosmetic with Google Chrome. My blank space separators show up as empty rectangles which I can live with for the time being.

Try out My World Weather Play Toy. Comments will be appreciated.

I hope you enjoy my two weather websites.

Marty
dc1jr

Re: My World Weather Play Toy

Post by dc1jr »

hi Marty,

happy new year to you.

You have done a great job with your new weather websites - I like it and I have got some ideas for my own weather page at http://www.wetter.comytel.de

Just now the first 30 days of winter and lots of snow are over in our area. There is thaw since one week, but the temps have gone down again to the freezing point. At Rhine and Mosel there is high water.

high water at Koblenz Deutsches Eck
high water at Koblenz Deutsches Eck
deutsches-eck.jpg (31.86 KiB) Viewed 9060 times
the Mosel is in the center, the Rhine is in front

kind regards

Uli
hermanz
Name: Herman

Post by hermanz »

Hi Uli

This is Koblenz. I have walked on this past holiday.

Hi Marty
I can use parts from your website. very nice

gr.
Herman :D
(Wheather on an I(phone,pad,pod) or Android, YoWindow what else )
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Hey Marty,

That's an excellent job you've done!
I hope to be able to do something similar some day .......
But I haven't done anything like it yet, so ......

Fred
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Friends,

I have added World of YoWindow to my world weather play toy.

I hope you enjoy it. ;)

Marty
fishermansblues
Name: Andreas

Post by fishermansblues »

I got to this a bit late in the day, Marty, but I thought I would just let you know I think it is a great site to visit. What is everyone's fascination with the weather. I go to so many site I think I'm beginning to have a fixation about it. This is not so surprising as I am a Brit. What is surprising is that I live in Crete, and at least throughout the summer you don't really need a weather report. It will be hot and sunny!!! Have fun with your site. I only got into YoWindow as I wanted to put a weather forecast on my new website (as it is for a Cretan taverna) and YoWindow is heaps better than any of the other more boring forecasts. Plus I have discovered that the YoWindow community is made up of a great bunch of people.

All the best

Andreas
"Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could only have originated in California." E W Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

Thanks, very informative!!! Now I can have a link to weather maps. :)
Michelle