Want to use my own picture as background

YoWindow widget Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
Gloria

Want to use my own picture as background

Post by Gloria »

I have successfully made a background of my picture and uploaded it to YoWindow, that is I can now see it under the heading "Landscapes". (at least that is what I think it means, am I wrong?) I have the default weather widget on my blog, but would now like to use my own background. I am not good at HTML, so I would be very grateful for some help in adjusting the code. My picture has ID: Marathounta weather_12D6F5CC74E.
Gloria
ikarus1969

Re: Want to use my own picture as background

Post by ikarus1969 »

Gloria wrote:I have successfully made a background of my picture and uploaded it to YoWindow, that is I can now see it under the heading "Landscapes". (at least that is what I think it means, am I wrong?)
No, you're right - congratulations! If you see your landscape with some clouds moving (depending on the weather of course) everything's fine!
Gloria wrote:I have the default weather widget on my blog, but would now like to use my own background. I am not good at HTML, so I would be very grateful for some help in adjusting the code. My picture has ID: Marathounta weather_12D6F5CC74E.
Gloria
I assume you've generated the code for the widget for your blog on this site, right: http://yowindow.com/weatherwidget.html ?

At the end of point 6 there's a link to a page where some help is given for those who want to put their own landscape on a website.
Have you already read this page and if yes, can you tell us at which point you don't know how to proceed? Which things on this help-page are unclear to you?

Additionally there's a link to a complete list of parameters for the widget.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Ikarus, thanks for your speedy reply. I think I must have downloaded from another page because I can't remember seeing that link! :?
Actually, my blog is on blogspot.com and I don't know how to upload anything like an xml-file to that site. I suppose I must ask them about that. I had hoped that it could be done with just some adjustments to the html-file....
Ah well, back to the drawing board!
Gloria
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Ikarus,
By the way, why is it that the weather widget with the default background loads direct when I post the code into my blog, but that there so much more difficult to use my own background even though I have uploaded it to the YoWindow site?
This is probably a stupid question, but if you don't ask you'll never know anything.
Kind regards,
Gloria
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Gloria wrote:Ikarus,
By the way, why is it that the weather widget with the default background loads direct when I post the code into my blog, but that there so much more difficult to use my own background even though I have uploaded it to the YoWindow site?
This is probably a stupid question, but if you don't ask you'll never know anything.
Kind regards,
Gloria
When you create a landscape for YoWindow and use it in the desktop version you do not upload it to the YoWindow site!
It's just saved (the .png-file or the .swf-file topgether with the .ywl-file) onto your own computer in the directory of your choice.

When you want to use a landscape of your own you have to upload all necessary files to your webspace and adapt the html-code - but as you posted in the "Question"-subforum you've already learned about the flashvars-parameter.

Last but not least: "Stupid is as stupid does." (Forrest Gump) And asking questions definitely is not stupid!
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Good morning Ikarus,

And thank you for your patience in answering my questions. I have learned a lot and I shall now be able to puzzle this out given a little time.

Have a good week!
Kind regards,
Gloria
Asim Jofa

Post by Asim Jofa »

Also, why is it that the weather widget with the default background is loaded directly when I send the code in my blog, but there is so much more difficult to use my own background, but I downloaded it YoWindow site?
This is probably a stupid question, but if you do not ask, you never know anything.
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Asim,
welcome in our forum. You are right, if you don't ask, you never will get an aswer :)
Did you follow this tutorial? http://yowindow.com/widget_and_landscape
And it would be helpful to give us your URL, so we can see what happens on your website.
Werner
Firefig

Post by Firefig »

Thanks, Mallorca, for sharing the tutorial, though it was little of help for me, since i still cannot open SWF files inside YoWindow..
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Asim,
again, please give us your URL so we can have a look at your website.
Werner