Christmas Lights on House

YoWindow related topics that do not fit in the above forums
countryroads
Name: Marty

Christmas Lights on House

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

I hope you enjoyed your New Year's Day. :)

I wanted to make this suggestion last year, but I will make it now for next year. Would it be possible to leave Christmas Lights and the Christmas Star thru to the Russian Orthodox Christmas on January 7th?

The area of Austria-Hungary that my grandparents were from celebrated Christmas along with celebrating the Epiphany (The Night of the 3 Kings) January 6th. Unlike my friends in the neighborhood that I grew up in, my parents had Christmas Lights on from just before Christmas Eve thru the Epiphany. What you learn growing up becomes a tradition for yourself. So I have my Lights on thru the Epiphany. :)

Have a good 2011. ;)

Marty
FvE
Name: Fred

Re: Christmas Lights on House

Post by FvE »

Hi Marty,

Allthough maybe not so common, many people here in Holland have their christmas tree and lights untill epiphany.
I would very much welcome the christmas lights to stay on untill epiphany.

Fred
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi friends,
I'm with you, because here in Spain the 6. has a long tradition. It is the day were the children get her presents from the holy three kings!
Werner
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

I agree, we have to include the Orthodox Christmas also, but then people in North America and Europe would wonder why Christmas lasts for so long.
Probably we need to show the effect depending on the country, but this task takes time, I hope we will make it happen.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
mlleeder

Post by mlleeder »

Hi all - just a quick comment: in many towns here in the US, while some people take lights down right after Jan 1st, a number of people leave lights (and garlands, etc.) up through Epiphany, and even later. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the lights were up longer!

Or, just add an end date Option for Christmas Season? (You can never have too many variables!)

Mary Lou
(Wilmington, Delaware)