Yowindow for Current Conditions Icon (attempting)

Snowbie

Re: Yowindow for Current Conditions Icon (attempting)

Post by Snowbie »

par wrote:time_format=12&∓
Yes I fixed that since. This is why it was defaulting to US values instead of metric due to the typo there.
Thanks.
Snowbie

Post by Snowbie »

For some reason, the Icon on my home page has stopped updating. IDS No Weather?
Aswel as this, the Yowindow on my desktop has also throwing back a Weather expired.

http://www.irlweather.com

I have not changed anything at my end, the only thing I have done was to update to the new compiler from Weather Display.
This has been going on for couple weeks and only managed to look for help as I can't seem to resolve this myself.

Yowindow is also updated to new version

My .xml is current from below?
http://www.irlweather.com/yowindow-xml.php

Any ideas on where I can start from,
many thanks,

Karl.
jmcmurry
Name: Jim

Post by jmcmurry »

Karl,

To me it looks like your xml is just fine but I see a line break right after current_weather_url=http://www.irlweather.com/yowindow-xml.php that may be causing problems with your widget?

- Jim
Snowbie

Post by Snowbie »

Jim, That's the funny thing, this was the same lines used when working before? Nothing changed at my end??

I also find my location is not on the drop down list for my country area. Another member had posted and said a recent release had wiped out all newly added locations and mine is apparently one of them? Do you know about this yourself?

My widget for my location is also an hour in advance on the desktop and weather expired but when I change location to the next closest one all is fine.

Karl.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Snowbie wrote:Another member had posted and said a recent release had wiped out all newly added locations and mine is apparently one of them?
This member was me but i said "some"(not "all") and "maybe" (not "apparently").
A small difference.
(No need to reply or correct something; maybe not so important to others but to me it's important to be quoted correctly ;) ).
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
Snowbie

Post by Snowbie »

ikarus1969 wrote:
Snowbie wrote:Another member had posted and said a recent release had wiped out all newly added locations and mine is apparently one of them?
This member was me but i said "some"(not "all") and "maybe" (not "apparently").
A small difference.
(No need to reply or correct something; maybe not so important to others but to me it's important to be quoted correctly ;) ).

But I never quoted or identified you and why the defensive verbal lesson? You've made yourself known clearly here ;)

Ok I'll quote the post from the Add Location page. I'm attempting to resolve myself and have found further issues in the approach I'm taking which I then found out my location was missing from the drop down which is apparent to me the issue you have mentioned is likely be a part of my problem. I replied back to you that it did make sense.
ikarus1969 wrote:
Snowbie wrote:My location is not on the drop down list of all locations anymore?
A few release before the current one there was an accident which deletes some of the newly added locations from the database. Maybe it's the same now for your location.[/qoute]

Snowbie wrote:I'm also having a lot of trouble with the desktop being one hour in advance and also not showing up on my webpage as reported in the Weather Display section of this forum.
So if you posted your problems already it's a good idea to wait for a response. There.
Pavel and his team are doing what they can and usually the response-time is really low.
As far as I'm concerned, Jim from the WD forum is as good help there as he is here. As we are talking about both in this case, Jim is best to handle this area as maybe there was a problem with the new WD compiler?
ikarus1969 wrote:Could you please tell us which is your location so Pavel can add it again?
Again, from my OP which was a few posts higher up in that thread, my location and Pavel response was clear?? If you want to be helpful, can you direct me to your findings that relate to this issue otherwise I'd appreciate you stop trolling this site looking for abstracts that may cause you concern. My post was not an attack on anyone nor did it come with a health warning :(
jmcmurry
Name: Jim

Post by jmcmurry »

Karl,

I think we need to wait for Pasha to look into this. To me your xml looks fine and that wouldn't affect the time since I believe YoWindow uses your system time for that. Hopefully when the location issue gets fixed everything will go back to normal.

- Jim