Christmas / Milly, etc on Website / Weather Station

Weatherman

Christmas / Milly, etc on Website / Weather Station

Post by Weatherman »

I'm using the awesome YoWindow application on my desktop and on my Weather Station / website. I'm using Jim's PHP script with Weather Display which works great, BTW!

I was just wondering if there are command line options to turn on the "I want to have fun" options when using YoWindow on a website / Weather Display / website? I don't see Milly, the Christmas stuff, etc on my website - only on the full application on my desktop.

Just wondering if that was or could be an option in the future..

Thanks!

- Mark
Don
Name: Don

Re: Christmas / Milly, etc on Website / Weather Station

Post by Don »

The Christmas stuff should be there, no command line option needed; try clearing your browser's cache/history. (I could be wrong, but I don't think the fact that you're using Weather Display would make a difference.)

As for Millie, see this http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2074
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

I don't see it on mine. You can see for yourself if you go to my site - www.weather-station.org
Just wondering if I'm missing something or my configuration is not correct.

- Mark
Don

Post by Don »

I tested your site with Firefox, I.E. and Safari for Windows, and the Christmas lights and the beginnings of the snowman are there in all three of them. I had a similar problem earlier (Except the landscape wouldn't load at all in my case.) and solved it by emptying my browser's cache. Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

Don
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Don,

Thanks for testing my site. Here are my results:

Firefox/Chrome/Safari: I see the beginnings of the snowman and the Christmas lights, but no Milly (horse) or the Christmas Day countdown like is in the desktop version. That might just be not on the web version yet.

IE: For some reason, I can't get IE 8 to show the lights or beginnings of the snowman. I have cleared cache, re-installed flash, cleared flash cache (using Adobe's online manager) and still nothing.

I'll try on some other systems.

Thanks.

- Mark
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

I fixed my IE problem with YoWindow by doing a complete reset of IE back to factory settings.

It seems the only difference between YoWindow Desktop and YoWindow web is web doesn't seem to have Milly (the horse) or the Days left Until Christmas in the corner. I do see the beginnings of the snowman and the Christmas lights, which is great!

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I had missing on the website configuration.

Thanks!

- Mark
Don

Post by Don »

Weatherman wrote:It seems the only difference between YoWindow Desktop and YoWindow web is web doesn't seem to have Milly (the horse) or the Days left Until Christmas in the corner. I do see the beginnings of the snowman and the Christmas lights, which is great!
As I understand it the code (graphics) for Millie is too big to include in the widget. I don't know why the Days left Until Christmas Eve are not included.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Exactly, there are no countdowns and Millie in the web-version so far.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image