Got a problem (was: Hello) - Chubbywuz

Have you found an error? Report here!
Chubbywuz

Got a problem (was: Hello) - Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

My YoWindow is also down. Was running 423 version (unstable). My screensaver works, but when click on icon in task bar, program opens, but thats about it. It will let me click on for future weather cast but live weather doesn't even work. I uninstalled & redownloaded version 409. BUT no good, clicking on options program, landscape, help & nothing works. Could not even put in my registration information!! Can't understand how clicking on for future weather works, but nothing else! Please help!!!
Michelle :evil:
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: Hello

Post by countryroads »

Hi Michelle,

What location in Pennsylvania are you using? It sounds like your METAR Station is not reporting. The future forecasts are coming from NWS or YR.NO. The current information is coming from your METAR Station. Have you tried other locations to see if they work?

Waiting to hear from you. ;)

Marty
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

I completely uninstalled YoWindow program. Reinstalled version 409. Then upgraded to the unstable version of 423. Chose a different location in PA for my home location. Now Live weather shows as well as I can now view full future forecast rather than just the unregistered 3 day limit. Screensaver works too. I still can not click on any of the following: Program, View, Time, Location, Landscape or Help! So I can not select a different Landscape from the default. So I can not change to moderate under Dispaly options. I am running Vista with SP 2, & 1 GB. Yes my computer is almost 4 yrs. old, but what changes to the program could have occured from Sunday night to Monday morning, as to possibly to use more resources as suggested by Mallorca. I was curious, so I installed a demo version of another weather program, which also entails quite a bit, and that program runs fine- but I do not care for it. I just want my YoWindow to work!!!! I can not beleive the toolbar choices quit working overnight, WHY???I had even restored my computer to when the program worked fine, but no improvement in getting the toolbar options listed at the top to work.PLEASE, any ideas on fixing that I have not already tried are greated welcomed!!!

Michelle :evil:
JoseNeto

Post by JoseNeto »

.... HHummmm MICHELLE it looks like it is a problem on the computer like registry errors or uncompleted uninstall .... Try to run CCCLEANER to fix errors on registry and clean the rest... maybe to complete uninstall the other weather program .... YO must be running totally again
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hello Michelle,
you wrote: I still can not click on any of the following: Program, View, Time, Location, Landscape or Help!
What do mean exactly? You can click, but nothing happens or this register buttons are not shown?
When you don't see it, you are in the full screen view and then this buttons are not viewable! You have to go to the normal view (cross button in corner right down).
Werner
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

I can see the buttons, but when I click on them, nothing happens. As in the post above yours, someone suggested CCleaner. I have this program & run it nightly when getting off of the computer. I will search more for any left over hidden files after uninstall.I am begining to beieive the next step is to do a complete restore back to day one. BUT this will definately upset my son, who has much of his work on the computer & it is such a hassel re-downloading all of the Windows updates.If I have to I will though, I like YoWindow enough to do that!!!
Michelle :|
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

Hi, it's Michelle. FINALLY got YoWindow to work properly!!!! Don't know what exactly I did to fix it though. I uninstalled YoWindow, then for what took a day or two, I found left over files & folder on my computer. Went in and deleted all things related to program. I just re-downloaded 423, BUT this time I used Firefox to download. Now when I click on buttons on toolbar across the top, they actually work. So I registered the program again, and can now add landscapes. As I said not quite sure what fixed it (most likely searching & deleting all files). But I am so glad to be using YoWindow again!!!! A very big thank you to all who offered me advice on trying to fix. You guys are great!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle ;)
FvE
Name: Fred

Re: Got a problem (was: Hello) - Chubbywuz

Post by FvE »

Chubbywuz wrote: You guys are great!!!!!!!!!! Michelle ;)
Well Michelle,

Very well done! (whatever it was you did to solve it :) )
To me it seems YOU are great ;)

Fred