Radar

Have an idea?
alien1

Radar

Post by alien1 »

Since this is a unique desktop weather software, it needs weather maps or at least a radar of the corresponding region of that forecast area. It could be set beside the inspector or forecast panel for instance.
phantom
Name: curt

Re: Radar

Post by phantom »

Yes, a radar would be cool. When bad weather enter your area, you would be able to access to it.Instead of going to the national weather service, and your program should allow for alerts.
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi guys, I love your ideas :o
What do you think about an early-warning system for tsunamis? Perhaps we can integrate this into Yowindow?
http://www.weather.gov/ptwc/
dc1jr

Post by dc1jr »

hi Werner, I like your humour.

dear friends,

from my point of view we are on the wrong track for sure if we add these features to Yowindow!

Because Yowindow is so unique we should never have radar and things like that in this software - may be some more thunder and lightning.

But if I look outside my real window there is no radar screen or a map visible!
Is it different at your side? What do you see when you look outside?

And you can be sure I am not against any technology or a technical feature.
I am a telecommunication engineer and a hamradio operator with a background of more than 30 years.
I like these technical features which are possible since we have computers and the internet.
It is much more informative like the old gauges and data plotter in the last century.
And they make my job or my hobby much more interesting for sure.

But we do not need it with yowindow! Sorry guys!

That's my point of view - and that is also the idea behind my weather page. Satellite pictures, radar or weather charts will never be on my page, but there is always a link to a good place to get these informations from 1st hand, from professionals.

Maybe we should think about some alert in terms of severe weather conditions, because due to the climate changes this is a topic at all places today.

regards

Uli
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Good point Uli,

Allthough I like the ideas of the creative minds under us ;)
But I also think YoWindow should resemble MyWindow :D
Therefore: let's stick to what can be directly experienced from OurWindow :lol:

Still: don't stop using your imagination please.
Thanks,
Fred
dc1jr

Post by dc1jr »

hi Fred,

I 100% agree with you - imagination should never be stopped for sure!

and we should have a forum with creative minds .....

regards

Uli
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

I had suggested radar in the past. For those of you who don't want it fine. If it gets added, just don't use it. BUT, there are some of us who live in places where an early look at a coming storm is very useful. We live in the country on a small farm. When chance of a bad storm, radar gives us the time to get things done outside that need to be done & make sure animals that need brought in are taken care of. I use a separate radar program at this time. Having radar as an option in YoWindow would be great! Sorry if your opinion is different than mine, but we all have our own.
Michelle :roll:
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

We will make everybody happy, just wait :)
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Mahav

Post by Mahav »

From my point of wiew, yowindow is a romantic weather program :) . It "travels" me through my loved places and gives me the illusion, I am there. After all it's a window we are looking through :)

Its options up to now are more than enough for me.
It's a light program, don't know how heavier it woul be with radar kind of features.
There always, i guess, will be an option not to use a feature, so no problem, if some users regarding Michelle, need this one, try not to make it too much scientific and heavy though.
We live in the country on a small farm
U" ll never know how much i envy u Michelle. U r a very lucky person.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

I agree with the every word about YoWindow Mahav just said. This is our vision.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image