1.6.16 major battery leak fixed!

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
par
Name: Pasha

1.6.16 major battery leak fixed!

Post by par »

What's new?

- Major battery consumption fix!
We were told many times that YoWindow is consuming 10 - 30% of battery power on Android.
But I had no idea how to repeat this behavior.
It turned out the advertising banner was the cause.
The banner was still running even when YoWindow was running in the background.
Every time the user was rotating the device, a new banner was created, but the old one was still running.
A number of banners were loading Android processor up to 30%.
Now this is not the case.
The case is closed!

I'm proud to say that YoWindow is one of the most power efficient weather apps now!

The investigation of this problem was reported by Alexander Reznikov.
Great job, Alexander, thank you!

- FIXED: widgets do not work on Meizu phones
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
bmccoy
Name: Brendan

Re: 1.6.16 major battery leak fixed!

Post by bmccoy »

I never had this issue myself, but that's because I'm running the ad-free beta version and I also usually disable auto screen rotation.

By the way, did you still forget to implement the HTML I gave you a few months ago for the about page? It's still available at https://i.bmccoy.me/Gallery/YoWindow/html/about.html .

I also really like the new widgets, keep up the good work!

P.S., Could you post the release notes to HockeyApp, along with a link to the forum post at the bottom? It's nice to be able to view the changelog without having to go to the YoWindow forum every time.

P.P.S., this app has been working good in Google Chrome via ARC Welder. You should try it out, Chrome can natively run this app on Chrome OS, OS X, Linux, and Windows, and it may eventually be able to replace the current YoWindow Google Chrome extension with a much more fully-featured version.

P.P.P.S., did you forget to upgrade the YoWindow Weather (Paid) icon on Google Play?

P.P.P.P.S., could you publish a version of this app with the live wallpaper and Google Play Services dependencies removed to the Amazon App Store?

Okay, I think that's enough feedback for now :%)
DEVICES:

Nexus 7 (2013)

HP Pavilion G7-1150us laptop with 255GB Crucial SSD & 8GB RAM
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thank you for the tremendous support, Brendan!

1. Checking your version of about page is on my list, I'm going to inspect it soon.

2. I don't post release notes right inside Hockey window intentionally. I want beta-testers to get used to discussing the builds here on the forum, rather within Hockey or by email. This is the best way to me to track the things.

3. Great news about Android + Chrome integration. I didn't know about this. But anyway it would take a lot of time for us to adjust the user interface made for fingers to UI manged by mouse.

4. I don't think so. The icon on Play store looks exactly like the icon of the app.

5. Publishing to Amazon is one of the top priorities. Removing the dependencies is a challenge though.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
PiedType
Name: Susan Richards

Post by PiedType »

So where do I download 1.6.16 for Android? Google Play Store only gives me 1.14.2 and the battery drain is so bad I keep uninstalling it. I'm using the paid (no ads) version on an LG G3.