Black Screen

Have you found an error? Report here!
tstbastm
Name: Marc Bastarache

Re: Black Screen

Post by tstbastm »

Surrounding the YoWindow black screen....

On Windows 10, Flash updates are 100% controlled by Windows Update... You cannot uninstall Flash and install a previous version manually..

Windows Update installs this (which causes the black screen): "Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)"

You can uninstall this update to temporarily fix YoWindow - but Windows 10 will just reinstall again.. As a temporary solution, you can disable the KB3132372 flash update specifically (while allowing other Windows Updates to install normally)..

Click this link and run: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... de.diagcab

This wizard will allow you to hide (block) specific updates... Just choose the "hide" option - and click the KB3132372 update... This will block the unique update - and allow YoWindows to run without Windows Update changing the Flash version (which causes the problem)..

NOTE: Eventually, you can run this link again (if you ensure that you save the downloaded file in a place you can find again)... To restore the KB3132372 update, run the link... choose "unhide" - and select the previously hidden update..
sgunn108
Name: Subhadhra Gunn

Post by sgunn108 »

I'm using Firefox with WinXP. My YW was working just fine in the morning, a couple of weeks ago, then the dreaded black screen <ominus music here> came up when I went into the progam, a few hours later. I tried the uninstalls and installs with black screen results. So, I gave up on it. I've been enjoying this program so much, esp. since I paid for the ads to go away, and now I really miss it. :cry:

Are there any fixes for Firefox/WinXP? Please advise.

Thank you
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

sgunn108 wrote:Are there any fixes for Firefox/WinXP? Please advise.

Thank you
Yesterday evening Microsoft has an update which fixes the black screen.
Please read Pavels note here (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23504#p61877) where you can also manually install the latest update for flash-player.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
sgunn108

Post by sgunn108 »

I downloaded the new Flash and now my YW is BACK!!! :Yahoo!:

Thank you for your help.

Happy New Year!
sgunn108

Post by sgunn108 »

Hi,

I couldn't find anyone else having the following issue:

I did get my landscapes and weather.... for a couple of days. NOW I have the default YW screen, but NO weather bar, NO other cities, NO temps... NOTHING related to weather. (I have no way to post the image.)

Please advise. Thank you
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

It sounds like you clicked on Tab or a sequence of 1, 2, 3 by mistake.
Try clicking on Tab again.

Let us know how this works for you.