WARNING: Do not update Flash Player! + Windows FIX !

No news - good news
rose63
Name: Rosemary Hutchings

Re: WARNING: Do not update Flash Player! + Windows FIX !

Post by rose63 »

Thanks Wally for your suggestion but I dont have gpedit.msc on my system and downloading it etc is more trouble than Im willing to go through (I'm not very computer savvy). I'll just have to not use Yowindow until some sort of fix is made by Adobe or Yowindow. Thanks anyway!
Reinhard
Name: Reinhnard

Post by Reinhard »

Hi,
I installed the Flash Player AX 20.0.0.270 under Windows 10 ...
... but still black screen.

Regasrds
Reinh@rd
prov1890
Name: Cliff

Post by prov1890 »

I tried this with windows 10 and works. I will keep it on till a update comes out. ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 )
teufelbox

Post by teufelbox »

YoWindow funktioniert wieder mit Microsoft-Update (KB3133431) wieder.
nickwilcock
Name: Nick Wilcock

Post by nickwilcock »

KB 3133431 has just been released for Win10 and it has resolved the problem.

YoWindow Version 4.0.66 now runs fine on both my Win7 and Win10 systems... :Yahoo!:
Wally©
Name: Walter

Post by Wally© »

nickwilcock wrote:KB 3133431 has just been released for Win10 and it has resolved the problem.

YoWindow Version 4.0.66 now runs fine on both my Win7 and Win10 systems... :Yahoo!:
Thx for the info...

Main topic entry has been changed accordingly...
Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
Stickboy
Name: Scott Squibbles

Post by Stickboy »

Wally© wrote:
gfmucci wrote:I would think the LEAST YoWindow could do is put some sort of notice on their website about the problem before people attempt to download a non-functioning program.

No, I will not perform a system restore or eliminate a security fix to accommodate a cute but non-essential weather program.

I hope YoWindow has the smarts to notify those of us who have removed the program from their computers when it will be functioning again - at least on their website.
FYI...Microsoft issues more security updates than I change underwear...

That's how leaky Windows is... Besides most security updates are a real issue only in a corporate environment...

Before switching to Mac I've basically gone from Win98 through Windows 7...only installing updates that COULD REALLY POTENTIALLY effect me...

With Win10 someone decided to shove the updates down your throat...like it or not...buggy or not...

But knowing Microsoft...there will be some kind of patch..to the patch with patched a previous patch...

That said...Our team - as are hundreds of others - is working with Adobe to get these issues resolved...one way or another...
Oh Wally, you cracked me up, haha!! You are right though. Also, I would like to report that there has been an update to FP on my notebook and after updating YoWindow, 4 Build 66 runs real smoothly!
God's Not Dead!!
YoWindow is #1 :)
rose63
Name: Rosemary Hutchings

Post by rose63 »

Good news for Windows 10 users, my pc updated today to flashplayer 20.0.0.272, and HOORAY!!!! Yowindow is now functioning again. Just be patient, the remedy is on the way!
SteveMcBill
Name: Steve McWilliam

Post by SteveMcBill »

An update to Flash in Windows 10 was released as part of the Windows Update process yesterday evening (5th January 2016) and after installation and a system reboot YoWindow now works fine - no more 'black' screen display !!! Excellent !!!

Steve :)
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Woo hoooo!!!!!!! :beer:
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image