Blank Screen

Have you found an error? Report here!
steve03222
Name: Steve

Blank Screen

Post by steve03222 »

I was on the latest Beta for a few days, all was good.
All of a sudden this afternoon my screensaver went to a black screen.
I tried other screensavers and all is fine.
I installed the regular release version and same thing, both the screen saver and the main YoWindow are a blank black screen.
Window 7 desktop here.
Steve
Wally©
Name: Walter

Re: Blank Screen

Post by Wally© »

Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
mshukayr
Name: Manhal Shukayr

Post by mshukayr »

same problem. Noticed that Flash was updated to version 20 this afternoon.

Uninstalled flash and installed version 19. Search for archived flash installation page to find the older versions.

Works correctly now.
mark2011
Name: Marek

Post by mark2011 »

Dear Manhal:
I also considered the Adobe Flash Player. YoWindow probably crashed after installation of the last version i.e. 20.0.0.267 However downloading its earlier version is not a good recommendation, due to it is used in many other applications and often automatically updated. In my opinion, YoWindow shall be fitted to the Flash Player and it should be done by Pasha's Team. I see, nobody of them gave the voice so far. :( I am sure that problem occurred every user of Windows and last Adobe Flash Player Active X. I will very appreciate if YoWindow runs before New Year. :wink:
Marek
MaxH
Name: Max

Post by MaxH »

Hi Pasha,

There's definitely something somewhere wrong. Maybe the flash update? Yowindow freezes (black screen with 'presented in stereo') again when switching between locations. No cars and people in the town. Depending if 'I want to have fun' option is on? There are cars and people now...., also switching between locations is working now. Strange, because i always had 'I want to have fun' off (and still had fun :wink: ).
Slow weather update since new server.
I tried on two different computers, both Windows 10 x64 build 10586.36, Chrome installed. b64 didn't work, b65 did work well, b66 same as b64 :(

Regards, Max
sgunn108
Name: Subhadhra Gunn

Post by sgunn108 »

I, too, cannot get any picture on my YoWindow, this morning. I tried the rebooting etc.

I use Firefox and XP. Yesterday, the only problem I had was that it showed "snow on the ground" when it hadn't snowed in RL. :( But, now I get no picture. :cry: Has this been remedied yet?

Thank you.
Wally©
Name: Walter

Post by Wally© »

No remedy...yet...

Try a system restore to a date before the Flash update...

Our developer is in touch with Adobe to correct the problem...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23504
Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
truk
Name: George

Post by truk »

Unfortunately, I updated flash before I was aware of the problem. I just disabled the screensaver, for now.

Not going to restore system or revert to older flash unless there are bigger problems, unrelated to YoWindow, that I haven't come across yet.
jokary77
Name: guilherme

Post by jokary77 »

Exactly the same problem for me, you can not install software "ERROR OPENING FILE WRITE" while it worked perfectly before.
Barbara C
Name: Barbara

Post by Barbara C »

The same thig happened to me a couple days ago. The screensaver has a black screen now. Hope there is a fix.
I am Someone's Daughter, Mother, Grandmother, Sister, Aunt, Cousin, Friend and Lover. My Father left me with a great love of animals.