Raining "inside"?

Have you found an error? Report here!
sgunn108
Name: Subhadhra Gunn

Raining "inside"?

Post by sgunn108 »

I made a landscape using 4 cats sitting on a window. The sun and nighttime stars work fine. Here's a "pre-dawn" example.
4catspic 041915 dawn.jpg
4catspic 041915 dawn.jpg (38.62 KiB) Viewed 6413 times
And nighttime
4cats pic2.jpg
4cats pic2.jpg (42.28 KiB) Viewed 6413 times
But, today it's raining and I checked my YoWindow pic and it's "raining inside" instead of just to be seen thru the window, looking out.
4cats inside rain.jpg
4cats inside rain.jpg (67.06 KiB) Viewed 6413 times
What happened? Why isn't it raining "only outside"? I thought it was supposed to show only in the transparent area.

Please advise.

Thank you.
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: Raining "inside"?

Post by countryroads »

Hi,

This is not a bug.
YoWindow presently has no way of knowing that this is a landscape from inside of a building.

I made one of the first landscapes like yours.
It is a woman sitting on a ledge near a barn loft window.
When it rains, it rains in the barn.

Think of a landscape like an old wood bridge over a stream.
When it rains, it rains on the bridge, in front of the bridge, behind the bridge and on the grass.
It does not just rain in the sky.

You have made a very nice landscape.
Sorry about the rain.

Marty
sgunn108

Post by sgunn108 »

Marty,

Thank you so much for your explanation. I appreciate it.

And thank you for your nice comment about my landscape. You must like cats, too.

Have a GREAT day!!
Homer/T
Name: Uwe Tilch

Post by Homer/T »

It would be a nice idea for pasha - but with low priority: an option to define if the landscape is inside of a house or outside. If it is inside the weather is only shown on the transparent areas of the photo. This means, if the landscape is inside, the photo works like a mask on the top of the summary of the Pictures we see in YoWindow.
Regards

Uwe
sgunn108

Post by sgunn108 »

Homer,
That would be great!! I have a couple more "inside looking out the window" landscapes I'd like to do.

But, what I'm confused about is with sun, clouds, night sky, they only show on the "outside" in the transparent area. Why don't they also be in the whole picture like the rain? or why doesn't the rain just show in the transparent area. I was hoping for rain to see it just "through the window".
Homer/T
Name: Uwe Tilch

Post by Homer/T »

Imagine YoWindow ist like a stage: The sky with the clouds, the sun and the moon ist the background. The landscape is a scenery in the middle because the sky reaches to the horizon in the background. And the rain, the snow, the flying leaves are in front because they are allways seen all around the landscape and the sky. And therefore, the rain in your landscape is visible inside the room.

And now imagine that the landscape and the rain/the snow/the leaves change their places. That's what you want to have, right?
Regards

Uwe