Early builds of YoWindow for Windows
jrozie

Re: 4.0.22

Post by jrozie »

got it. Thanks Marty. Looking forward to having the town back. It's my favorite!
Joyce
wootz
Name: wootz

Post by wootz »

YES - town is now my new favorite also; and now I know why debug did not last and I got the black screen - I use a desktop so will have to wait for you all to perfect the town ...... or you could let us enjoy what you have created while you perfect it :crazy:
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi,

There are at least 2 landscapes being worked on right now.
They are Town and Valley.

The Valley landscape has been released to the public.
But it is still being worked on.
Pasha wants to add a flock of sheep and Alpine sounds.
A lot of us have given him other suggestions of what to add to Valley.

Town needs headlights added to the vehicles.
Doors open and close. But will there be surprises at those doors?
There is a lot of work to do on Town.

Since Valley has been released and is still being worked on,
Town can only be viewed in debug mode.
If it were added to the Desktop temporarily,
as soon as a Valley addition is added for release Town would have to be removed from the Desktop again.

Town will be a part of the Desktop again.
Please be patient.

Marty
wootz

Post by wootz »

OK will be patient - know it will be something fabulous and worth waiting for - I just love this application like a child even though I am a senior citizen
frans
Name: Frans

Post by frans »

Weather update returns an 'error' with a red cross for the last four/five errors. Anybody else got recent weather updates?

A bit more digging shows the request to desktop5 xerver returns:

<error id="internal">Connection Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Please fix that :)
wootz

Post by wootz »

YES I am also getting an update error on all my cities - some only show 2 days and some 7 but none have been updated in 6 + hours - I have closed it out and re-opened twice - stopped the screen saver and was going to write to ask if I should uninstall and then re-install because nothing I do updates any of my cities including my home city

any suggestions ?
frans

Post by frans »

wootz wrote:YES I am also getting an update error on all my cities - some only show 2 days and some 7 but none have been updated in 6 + hours - I have closed it out and re-opened twice - stopped the screen saver and was going to write to ask if I should uninstall and then re-install because nothing I do updates any of my cities including my home city

any suggestions ?
Do you have yoWindows unlimited as well? It looks like a problem with the database at the YoWindow server. I mailed support to look into that, nothing you can do to fix it on your system. (perhaps unregistering it back to not-unlimited but I don't want to do that so I'll wait until tomorow ;-))
wootz

Post by wootz »

Yes I have unlimited and re-installing it did not do much - updated my home by 1.5 hours but the rest of my family (other cities) are anywhere from 6 to 8 hours behind - yest I will wait
frans

Post by frans »

Updates work for me again. I suspect the mysql thing is a license-db which seems to work again :)
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

For those of you who have had update errors, please read this.
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=22858

Marty