Sky Eraser BETA

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
par
Name: Pasha

Sky Eraser BETA

Post by par »

Hi, friends!
People keep asking us to add custom landsapes to YoWindow for Android.
I'm happy to inform you that this feature is coming very soon!
We want you to add your photos inside YoWindow.

Many of you know, that removing the sky from a photograph makes the picture look amazingly in YoWindow.
So we need a tool to remove the sky easily.
On the desktop we offered you to use Photoshop or Gimp.
On Android, we are making this tool ourselves.

The tool is called Sky Eraser.
We have been working on it all year long.
The man behind this app is our friend Kirill Popov - sk1talec

Today we are presenting the first BETA version of Sky Eraser.

First, we strongly suggest you to read Sky Eraser guide.
Without the guide the app is hard to understand.
http://yowindow.com/sky_eraser_guide.php
wheel_result.jpg
ATTENTION: Sky Eraser requires a special library, called "Computer Vision" or "CV" installed on Android.
Sky Eraser is going to ask you to install Computer Vision.
Please install it, otherwise Sky Eraser will not be working.

At the moment, Sky Eraser is a separate app, but we are going to integrate it inside YoWindow soon.

Pay attention that Sky Eraser is very young.
The user interface design is rough.
But these are the problems we are working on now.

We need your feedback on Sky Eraser.
What do you like?
What do you hate?
Do you have a problem editing certain type of photographs?

Do you know how to make Sky Eraser less complicated?

We would like to see the results of your work with Sky Eraser - the landscapes.
Please share the screen-shots here on the forum.

Welcome to Sky Eraser!
Happy New Year!
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
RGCaballero
Name: Rommel

Re: Sky Eraser BETA

Post by RGCaballero »

Happy new year to you abd your family pasha!!, most blessing to come also to you and your family and your bussiness...
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Happy new year, Rommel!

Guys, we are waiting for your feedback, don't hesitate to share it!
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
bmccoy
Name: Brendan

Post by bmccoy »

This tool works very good, and it's much easier to use than Photoshop or GIMP. Here are some sample landscapes I created, I took these pictures and anybody is free to use them.
https://i.bmccoy.cf/yowindow-landscapes/
DEVICES:

Nexus 7 (2013)

HP Pavilion G7-1150us laptop with 255GB Crucial SSD & 8GB RAM
sk1talec
Name: Kirill

Post by sk1talec »

Hi bmccoy,

thanks for your reply. You've acived a great quality! But i've spotted a few missclassified pixels(the ground was marked as the sky and has been removed) there and i want to ask whether was it hard to find and erase them?

P.S. I can't get direct access to your site by https://i.bmccoy.cf/yowindow-landscapes/ url. It shows me almost blank page. But if i follow this path "https://i.bmccoy.cf" -> click on "yowindow-landscapes" everything works pretty well.
SkyEraser developer viewtopic.php?f=58&t=22832
Poof
Name: jeff

Post by Poof »

This is freaking awesome....some thoughts...maybe be able to change the pencil (edit tool) size to be able to get closer to tougher objects without it being to pixelly when editing an enlarged area....or maybe be able to use the ck option twice, as in pick a second color close to the sky color to delete more of the tough areas after doing once already...the top left of the picture I attached showed white around the leaves which was hard to get rid of. The only thing that's tough is not being be to use this app in landscape mode which is what most big tablets are. I'm using a tab4 10.1 ........You guys have a GREAT idea and product here....keep it up and thank you

I also like the way you get to see what the final picture looks like before saving it...good job
Attachments
635ccb10-bf9b-436f-a4a9-358ac240028f.png
bmccoy

Post by bmccoy »

sk1talec wrote:Hi bmccoy,

thanks for your reply. You've acived a great quality! But i've spotted a few missclassified pixels(the ground was marked as the sky and has been removed) there and i want to ask whether was it hard to find and erase them?
It was very easy to find the red spots that were mismatched and erase them. It would be nice to have a redo button, though, since if I press Undo too many times it undoes the sky detection.
sk1talec wrote:P.S. I can't get direct access to your site by https://i.bmccoy.cf/yowindow-landscapes/ url. It shows me almost blank page. But if i follow this path "https://i.bmccoy.cf" -> click on "yowindow-landscapes" everything works pretty well.
I have to disable Cloudflare's caching manually for every new folder I create, or else the page won't show up. Sorry about that!
DEVICES:

Nexus 7 (2013)

sk1talec

Post by sk1talec »

Hi poof,

thanks for advice. We will think over your suggestions.
Landscape mode is supported in next SkyEraser release. Could you please post original photo? It will help to understand issues you faced.
Also it would be nice to know what exactly was tough with removing sky from top left corner? Was there a lot of missclassified pixels? Did you have to do a lot of actions?

It is nice to read good words about our preview mode.
bmccoy

Post by bmccoy »

sk1talec wrote:Hi poof,

thanks for advice. We will think over your suggestions.
Landscape mode is supported in next SkyEraser release. Could you please post original photo? It will help to understand issues you faced.
Also it would be nice to know what exactly was tough with removing sky from top left corner? Was there a lot of missclassified pixels? Did you have to do a lot of actions?

It is nice to read good words about our preview mode.
I just uploaded the original images to my site. I have another feature request, animated landscapes. It'd be really cool to be able to add animated grass, trees, and other things just like the stock landscapes. It would probably be very hard to implement, but that's just something I think would be useful.
DEVICES:

Nexus 7 (2013)

sk1talec

Post by sk1talec »

bmccoy wrote: It was very easy to find the red spots that were mismatched and erase them. It would be nice to have a redo button, though, since if I press Undo too many times it undoes the sky detection.
Thank you. We really have this problem, but on the other side we want to keep UI as simple as it possible. And we literally fight for every button on the screen :)
Probably there will be workaround in one of next releases.
bmccoy wrote: I have to disable Cloudflare's caching manually for every new folder I create, or else the page won't show up. Sorry about that!
It's ok.