Widget "Window Only"

YoWindow widget Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
Andy9164
Name: andy

Widget "Window Only"

Post by Andy9164 »

Hi Par,
Firstly, thank you for a superb addition to the world of weather. I have this running well on my "local test website" and will soon be publishing it on my "public website".

Is it possible to just display the weather picture without forecast, conditions, timeline etc. My website already has all the information and if you take a look what I want to try and do is replace the Observations picture frame on the right hand side with the yowindow widget in the picture frame.

My website is http://midlifedad.me.uk/weather/

Is it possible.

Many thanks
Andy
Andy9164

Re: Widget "Window Only"

Post by Andy9164 »

Just to add to my original question, I am trying to get the widget to look like Yowindow desktop version when you untick "Show User interface" in View menu (or press tab) like attached picture.
Yowindow.jpg
Yowindow.jpg (52.39 KiB) Viewed 5874 times
Thanks
Andy
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Andy,

Welcome to YoWindow.

Please see this webpage. http://jcweather.us/index.php
On the left, you will see a rectangle with some words about the weather.
Give it a few seconds and what you want will display.

This is the home page for one of our moderators.
If you like this and you need his help, I am sure that Jim can help you.
Jim's forum name is jmcmurry.

:)
Marty
Andy9164

Post by Andy9164 »

Hi Marty,
Thanks for pointing me to this site. I have managed to get the mini window where I wanted it to be without all the "labels". Quite easy when you know how. I did see the "mini" commands in the API document. Now I know what they are for.

I now also have it so that when you click on the image, rather than opening Yowindow in full screen it takes you to another page where it is displayed. This way it fits in with my website "shed" theme.

Its still only running on my local test server for the moment but hopefully I will be publishing it shortly, just a few more small changes to make. I will let you know when.

All this is new to me. I never did any programming / web design or anything like this before and have been working on my website for 10 months now, building up very slowly. But it is fun, I have learned a lot and for me, personally its a big achievement.

Much appreciate your help.

Andy