1.0.5 ART and Android L support

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
par
Name: Pasha

1.0.5 ART and Android L support

Post by par »

What's new?

- Android Runtime (ART) and Android L supported (at least I hope so)
- FIXED: YoWindow application is opened after widget resize
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
bmccoy
Name: Brendan

Re: 1.0.5 ART and Android L support

Post by bmccoy »

Could you also change the landscape, location, and about menus to a Holo theme? It would look a lot nicer, in my opinion :)
DEVICES:

Nexus 7 (2013)

HP Pavilion G7-1150us laptop with 255GB Crucial SSD & 8GB RAM
mack06

Post by mack06 »

Hi there,

testing YoWindow in a Nexus 4 in Spain.
I have some issues with data refresh. This morning YoWindow was showing "outdated data" (sorry, don't know the english label as I'm seeing the spanish translation) and I couldn't refresh it ( Pressing menu->refresh wouldn't work) I checked OWM website and data was correct. The Yowindow data was like 8 hours outdated. One request: could you make the "outdated data" label clickable to quickly refresh it instead of going through the menu?

A second question: the day name labels are not translated . I don't know if you're getting them fromthe system or using resource files. If you need help with that I can supply the missing translations.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Yowindow data
Yowindow data
OWM data at the same time
OWM data at the same time
Stickboy
Name: Scott Squibbles

Post by Stickboy »

bmccoy wrote:Could you also change the landscape, location, and about menus to a Holo theme? It would look a lot nicer, in my opinion :)
Why a Holo Theme? That would be ok for KitKat and Previous Versions of Android, but it would not match the Android L Layout.
God's Not Dead!!
YoWindow is #1 :)
Mattes57
Name: Matthias Kring

Post by Mattes57 »

Can it be that YoWindow (Widget) is draining my batteries, when there is no network? (HTC One V, telephone only activated, neither WLAN nor mobile data).
bmccoy

Post by bmccoy »

Stickboy wrote:
bmccoy wrote:Could you also change the landscape, location, and about menus to a Holo theme? It would look a lot nicer, in my opinion :)
Why a Holo Theme? That would be ok for KitKat and Previous Versions of Android, but it would not match the Android L Layout.
Holo is the closest thing to the upcoming Material redesign. Remember, Android L is still in beta, so hardly any 3rd-party apps will be using the new design until Android 5.0 is officially released.
DEVICES:

Nexus 7 (2013)

Stickboy
Name: Scott Squibbles

Post by Stickboy »

That is all fine and dandy, but App Developers can also start to make their apps work for Android L also and give them the Material Design ahead of the Public Release. The image in this post looked like it had the material design, but I may be wrong. I do not have an Android Device to test on anymore, so I have no idea what it looks like at the moment. So, the Holo theme would not work with Android L because it will be using the material design. It would be most suitable for KitKat and Previous Versions of Android. Like I said before...
God's Not Dead!!
YoWindow is #1 :)
bmccoy

Post by bmccoy »

Stickboy wrote:That is all fine and dandy, but App Developers can also start to make their apps work for Android L also and give them the Material Design ahead of the Public Release. The image in this post looked like it had the material design, but I may be wrong. I do not have an Android Device to test on anymore, so I have no idea what it looks like at the moment. So, the Holo theme would not work with Android L because it will be using the material design. It would be most suitable for KitKat and Previous Versions of Android. Like I said before...
The Holo theme will work perfectly fine on Android L.

The current theme of YoWindow's Locations menu doesn't even look close to the Material design. You can easily see what Android L looks like by googling "Android L screenshots"
DEVICES:

Nexus 7 (2013)