Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

What's new?

- FIXED: 1x1 widget is cut at the bottom on some devices.
- One can only select a home location for the wallpaper.
This is to avoid the confusion.
So the user is sure that the wallpaper is displaying the same weather as shown in the status-bar.
- Memory consumption reduced
- A number of crashes fixed
- "!YoWindow" changed to "- YoWindow -" as wallpaper and widgets name
- FIXED: there is a thin line in the middle of a dark gradient cover on wallpaper for some devices
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=22213#p57317
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: 0.87

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

I tested all of my androids with Free and Unlimited.

Samsung 2.3.6
Kyoceras 4.0.4
NextBook 4.1.1
Lenovo 4.1.2
had no crashes.

Only problem that I still have is the following.
NextBook had about 5 seconds of video and did not loop.
On all other androids, the video loops.

The following are all fixed.
Video now displays on both Free and Unlimited.
Small widget has been fixed on my NextBook.
Wallpaper looks better on my Kyoceras and my Samsung.
I will do more testing of wallpaper during daylight hours.

:good:
Marty
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Hi Pasha,

The one pixeled line is gone :good:
Wallpaper looks okay now.

I've had no crashes sofar.
Because I can't test Unlimited with 0 together I've stopped testing 0.

Good job :good:
Thanks.
Fred

Edit: Allthough wallpaper is working fine, I can't go to settings.
That will cause 'YoWindow has stopped' on both devices :(
Smith88

Post by Smith88 »

Hi Pasha,

I am glad that YoWindow for Android is better and better. Keep good working. :)

I found some small bugs with my Asus ME172V tablet (Android 4.1.1):
1. When you rotate the device with the lock screen (disable animations and parallax effect) the half of the live wallpaper becomes black. It usually disappears when you unlock the tablet.
2. When you choose a forecasted day in the program and you tap for full screen mode (only time and temperature), the landscape and temperature go back to live immediately.
3. Time of sunrise and sunset are not the same that in the Windows version (it is the correct).

I think 'Mostly cloudy' still needs more clouds, it can be strange now when it is raining.

In my opinion it will be a good feature for the future that YoWindow would show the forecasted weather if there is no internet connection. The temperature in the notification bar could be in a white box with blue numbers. I don't know that how it is difficult, it was just an idea.

Finally, a global problem with YoWindow (Windows version too): for Asian locations the weather is often wrong in the last few weeks (I have attached an example). The landscape, the inspector data and the METAR code don't match, and visibility is missing in the program.

Adrian

P.S. Sorry, if any of these was mentioned, I can't read all of the posts.
Attachments
rain & clear.jpg
rain & clear.jpg (43.25 KiB) Viewed 4961 times
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Smith88 wrote: 1. When you rotate the device with the lock screen (disable animations and parallax effect) the half of the live wallpaper becomes black. It usually disappears when you unlock the tablet.
2. When you choose a forecasted day in the program and you tap for full screen mode (only time and temperature), the landscape and temperature go back to live immediately.
3. Time of sunrise and sunset are not the same that in the Windows version (it is the correct).
4. I think 'Mostly cloudy' still needs more clouds, it can be strange now when it is raining.
5. In my opinion it will be a good feature for the future that YoWindow would show the forecasted weather if there is no internet connection.
6. Finally, a global problem with YoWindow (Windows version too): for Asian locations the weather is often wrong in the last few weeks (I have attached an example).
7. visibility is missing in the program.
Hey, Adrian!
1. Will be addressed in the next build.
2. YoWindow goes live mode when you double tap. Are you sure you are tapping just one time? ;)
3. This requires a large investigation, something is wrong with calculation precision.
4. I agree
5. YoWindow displays the weather forecast if there is no connection. Even after the reboot.
6. We have switched the current weather source to Open Weather Map for Japan, Russia and Ukraine.
I was hoping that OWM will provide current weather with the better quality.
Is it terrible?
7. Yes, visibility is missing in OWM data. I have filed a request to add it.

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback!
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Smith88

Post by Smith88 »

par wrote: 1. Will be addressed in the next build.
2. YoWindow goes live mode when you double tap. Are you sure you are tapping just one time? ;)
3. This requires a large investigation, something is wrong with calculation precision.
4. I agree
5. YoWindow displays the weather forecast if there is no connection. Even after the reboot.
6. We have switched the current weather source to Open Weather Map for Japan, Russia and Ukraine.
I was hoping that OWM will provide current weather with the better quality.
Is it terrible?
7. Yes, visibility is missing in OWM data. I have filed a request to add it.
Hi Pasha,

Thanks for the answers. :)

2. I have tried again and again. It seems to be a single tap for me. :oops:
5. The 4x2 widget really shows the forecast, but the 2x1, the wallpaper and temperature in the notification bar don't. Sometimes the 2x1 widget shows a question mark, and instead of the temperature there is a YoWindow logo in the notification bar, if there are not Internet for a longer time or after reboot.
6. I follow Yakutsk and Tokyo in YoWindow. As you can see on the previous image (and I saw this today in Yakutsk too), the sky description is clear, but the sky icon and the landscape show moderate rain. :%) I checked Open Weather Map at Yakutsk, and it was clear, but in the table on the left (http://openweathermap.org/city/2013159), there was rain -> 6.
For me, it would be better to let the choice between METAR and OWM like other countries, because I don't trust in private weather stations data. Were there any complaints about METAR data?

Adrian