Wrong Conditions Displayed

PernicketyPete
Name: Pete

Wrong Conditions Displayed

Post by PernicketyPete »

Hi
Here's hoping you can help.
Yowindow is not displaying the correct conditions. it says it is mostly clear and is displaying the mostly clear icon, however the actual weather outside is overcast and raining.
I think this must be the way I have weatherdisplay is set up as in yowindow.xml it reads <discription value="mostly clear"/> This value does change but is never quite right. Any ideas on how to correct this would be great.
Thanks Pete
Weather data suplied by Chilthorne Weather
Visit http://www.chilthorneweather.co.uk for live weather information from Chilthorne Domer, Somerset.
jmcmurry
Name: Jim

Re: Wrong Conditions Displayed

Post by jmcmurry »

Pete,

I agree, it would be a WD setup issue. Lots of options in WD concerning use of a local METAR, solar sensors etc etc depending on your setup. I'd ask over on their forum to see how to get your current weather icon to be more accurate.

- Jim
websquirrel
Name: Gillian Blackford

Post by websquirrel »

Hello All, I have the wrong weather displayed, plus the sky is black and it is only 5 minutes to 4.00pm here on the east coast of Australia. My location is Bateau Bay, which is about 100kms north of Sydney. My weather on the screen is light rain. It is a slightly cloudy day outside and it has not rained all day. I love Yo Window, and would like to know how to fix this problem. Cheers, websquirrel.
jmcmurry

Post by jmcmurry »

websquirrel,

Can you post either a link to your yowindow.xml file if it is online, or post an example of the results here if not? Bad information in that file is likely the problem.

If using the widget, a link to that would be helpful too.

I will be gone most of the day, but maybe someone else will spot the problem before I get a chance to look again.

- Jim

Added: In the meantime, if you haven't already, please go through http://yowindow.com/pws_weather_display.php to see if that helps you fix the problem.
websquirrel
Name: Gillian Blackford

Post by websquirrel »

Hello Jim, I have fixed my problem. I updated to the latest version. It now shows correct weather when I click on it in start menu. It was the task bar widget that was incorrect when I clicked on it. This also is now correct. My apologies for not being aware of needing to update. posting.php?mode=reply&f=14&t=6548# regards, websquirrel
jmcmurry

Post by jmcmurry »

Good deal, glad you got it fixed. :good:

- Jim