Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
Mattes57
Name: Matthias Kring

Re: 0.58

Post by Mattes57 »

On my Smartphone (HTC One V, Android 4.0.3), I have the following issue:
Yowindow starts in vertical mode, showing the forecast for some days. This forecast can be switched off and on by tapping on the display.
However, when flipping the device to horizontal mode, the forecast disappears and can not be switched on.
Flipping back to vertical mode, it's working again.

P.S.: On my virtual device (Android 4.2.2), the forecast is shown in both modes.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Mattes57 wrote:On my Smartphone (HTC One V, Android 4.0.3), I have the following issue:
Yowindow starts in vertical mode, showing the forecast for some days. This forecast can be switched off and on by tapping on the display.
However, when flipping the device to horizontal mode, the forecast disappears and can not be switched on.

P.S.: On my virtual device (Android 4.2.2), the forecast is shown in both modes.

That's the way YoWindow designed.
On a phone there is not much space for the information in the landscape mode.
Because of this we decided to display the minimal amount of information - time and temperature. Always.

On a tablet, complete information is displayed in both portrait and landscape orientations.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

Poof wrote:Everything working great here with one exception..or maybe just a preference for me...I like no light blue box around the time and temperature better than with...but I noticed it isn't there all the time...great work tho and the word "to" now fits. Thanks for the update...galaxy s4 4.3
We hope to take care about this later after the release.
Yes, agree with you we can make this design more elegant.

Image Image Image
Mattes57
Name: Matthias Kring

Post by Mattes57 »

par wrote:
Mattes57 wrote:On my Smartphone (HTC One V, Android 4.0.3), I have the following issue:

That's the way YoWindow designed.
On a phone there is not much space for the information in the landscape mode.
Because of this we decided to display the minimal amount of information - time and temperature. Always.

On a tablet, complete information is displayed in both portrait and landscape orientations.
Thanks for clarification
Kudzo
Name: Станислав

Post by Kudzo »

par wrote:
Kudzo wrote: P.S. The only one dissapointing thing is that ground area with road, horse, etc.. is overlapped by icon bar. With the higher groung level it would be perfect app.
This problem bothers us a lot :)
We are still trying to think of a proper way to solve it.
Stay tuned.
Wouldn't it be enough to extend ground template (~ twice) for all landscapes and change position for other templates (trees, hills, animals, etc)?
This can be done even in MS Paint and postprocessed in Vector Magic afterwards.
Attachments
Примерный набросок (я ни разу не художник)
Примерный набросок (я ни разу не художник)
Untitled.png - Paint_15-19-58.png (108.98 KiB) Viewed 9628 times
God Is Busy. Can I Help You?
VaaLi
Name: Valdrin

Post by VaaLi »

Hi Pasha,

When you click the next day it says weather expired even though the weather is updated from yr.no. You should click 'update weather' and then the weather will be updated.

Is it possible that the weather to be updated automatically?
vvss

Post by vvss »

Заметил баг. В живых обоях поздним вечером деревья стали отображаться ярко красным цветом. Есть скрин, на форум не выкладывается. Еще был один вылет, сделал отправку данных. В остальном все отлично.
jimlovejoy
Name: Jim Lovejoy

Post by jimlovejoy »

Galaxy S4 4.3
The only thing I've noticed is that over time, the sound will completely stop. I have to restart the device to get the sound to come back.

Jim
par

Post by par »

Wouldn't it be enough to extend ground template (~ twice) for all landscapes and change position for other templates (trees, hills, animals, etc)?
This can be done even in MS Paint and postprocessed in Vector Magic afterwards.[/quote]

Thanks so much for making the sketch.
But that would add a lot of work for our artist and eventually add some complexity to the code since we would probably want to shift picture differently for app and for wallpaper.
Anyway, I like the idea, thanks!
Now we need to think over the different options of solving the problem...

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

VaaLi wrote:Hi Pasha,

When you click the next day it says weather expired even though the weather is updated from yr.no. You should click 'update weather' and then the weather will be updated.

Is it possible that the weather to be updated automatically?
Looks like a common YoWindow problem that can be seen in the desktop edition as well.
Do you observe this defect frequently?

Image Image Image