YoWindow for Mac OS [BETA] is available!

Mac OS Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
MerleOne

Re: YoWindow for Mac OS [BETA] is available!

Post by MerleOne »

Hi,

I have a small request regarding the Mac version. I am relatively new to the Mac universe, thanks to a macbook pro I got recently.

I have noticed there are at least 2 kinds of installers, some with a .pkg file, others that just have to be dropped into the Apps folder. I much prefer the latter because I am sure they don't modify the system. Pkg installers seem to be another matter and the only crash I got so far was from a pkg. I would prefer a lot to have a "dmg" installer. Would that be possible in a future version ?

Thanks.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Hey, Merle!
We will consider this option, however it is not possible to setup a screensaver or to add the temperature beside the system clock without system modifications.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
MerleOne

Post by MerleOne »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It's not that I like to have the final word (well I usually do) but isn't it possible to add these extra features using an apple widget for the dashboard ?
par

Post by par »

I did not understand.
Do you want us to create a widget for Mac OS?

Image Image Image
MerleOne

Post by MerleOne »

What I want ideally is really an application that doesn't modify my system. If the T° display and other features can't be added to the tray without modifying the system, maybe a widget for showing only these information would solve "my" issue, since developing a widget should require no system modification. Up to the user to have both the application & the widget visible for a constant reminder of the T°.

To rephrase this : the main Yowindow window would come from an App that doesn't modify my mac os system, the permanent T° display from a widget.

I am afraid I have no suggestion for the screensaver part.
par

Post by par »

OK, now it is clear to me.
Thanks for the idea.

Image Image Image
Frogger

Post by Frogger »

Hi Par,

I'm just trying this on my MacBook Air running 10.6.4 but I'm having problems :(

When I try to run YoWindow from applications it says "You can't open the application YoWindow because it is not supported on this type of Mac" :?

If I access it from screensavers I can select YoWindow but clicking options does nothing and when I click test, YoWindow works but only shows me St Petersburg.

But the worst is that If I try to uninstall YoWindow using YoWindowUninstaller I again get "You can't open the application YoWindowUninstaller because it is not supported on this type of Mac" :?

Does anyone have any ideas please?
par

Post by par »

Thank you!
Several people have already reported the problems like your are experiencing.
We will take care of these issues hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for reporting!

Image Image Image
Frogger

Post by Frogger »

If other people are having trouble removing the Mac version of YoWindow, then I recommend AppZapper - http://appzapper.com It's the only thing that worked for me.
Tamuh78

Post by Tamuh78 »

I tried to install this app on a PowerPC Mac running OS X Leopard (10.5.8). Unfortunately it tells me that the architecture is not supported by this app / wrong architecture. Is there any possible way to install and run it on my parent's Mac?
Thanks for your response.