Aspect ratio selection

Have an idea?
kaos

Aspect ratio selection

Post by kaos »

seems myself and others are facing a issue. when we add a custom landscape it shows two black stripes on each side of pic. because of using a 4:3 aspect ratio. Can we get a option in preferences to select 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio. so use users facing this issue can enjoy landscape. its really a discouraging part to this application. I love this but am growing tired of the default village. Even the recently added "pyramid" does same thing. so pretty please. lol I bought this program cause i love it so much. I will donate again if you get this working. . i have the faith par. thanks for reading.
Culumunimbus

Re: Aspect ratio selection

Post by Culumunimbus »

Only convert the format gives a distorted picture, probably means you need photos on a different format (16:9).
check your other topic , and try my example if it works.

Grtz
kaos

Post by kaos »

Culumunimbus wrote:Only convert the format gives a distorted picture, probably means you need photos on a different format (16:9).

Grtz
all my wallpaers are wide screen setting. still shows sides.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

kaos wrote:
Culumunimbus wrote:Only convert the format gives a distorted picture, probably means you need photos on a different format (16:9).

Grtz
all my wallpaers are wide screen setting. still shows sides.
So maybe your screen resolution is bigger than the one of the used picture(s) and has another aspect ratio than your picture?
Consider "widescreen" does not necessarily mean 16:9.
Or that the program has a title-bar and a menu-bar on top and a copyright-bar on the bottom so there always will be slight difference.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

I agree with Cumulunibulus and Ikarus.
You need a picture that matches your screen resolution to avoid black stripes.

Hopefully soon we will add a possiblity to layout picture-landscapes the same way as Village landscape is layed out.
That is to grow/shrink the sky to match display aspect ratio.
But this will only work nice with wide-screen landscapes.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hello guys, now we have 2 threads about the same theme :?:

Perhaps my personal solution is helpful for other user too (only for a monitor resolution of 1920x1080 and the ratio of 16:9 ):

I measeured the free usable space in the YoWindows with a pixel-ruler and it is 1920x945. And so I did the landscape pic in the same dimensions .... and ... no black stripes!!! :D

You can try it out here:
Attachments
Ballon2.zip
(240.14 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
screen vert.jpg
screen vert.jpg (130.55 KiB) Viewed 9888 times
screen hor.jpg
screen hor.jpg (135.47 KiB) Viewed 9888 times
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mallorca wrote:Hello guys, now we have 2 threads about the same theme :?:

Perhaps my personal solution is helpful for other user too (only for a monitor resolution of 1920x1080 and the ratio of 16:9 ):

I measeured the free usable space in the YoWindows with a pixel-ruler and it is 1920x945. And so I did the landscape pic in the same dimensions .... and ... no black stripes!!! :D

You can try it out here:
just tired re-sized to those dimension same result. black stripes on the side.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

kaos wrote:

You can try it out here:
:shock:
Why are you tired? It's on us to become tired. Everybody is trying to help you, but you either don't read the posts exactly enough or, please forgive me, you don't want to understand.

In the other topic you told us that your screen-resolution is 1366x768.
Mallorca explicitly wrotes that his hint is for a screen-resolution of 1920x1080.

So what you have done can't work...
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
kaos

Post by kaos »

ikarus1969 wrote:
kaos wrote:

You can try it out here:
:shock:
Why are you tired? It's on us to become tired. Everybody is trying to help you, but you either don't read the posts exactly enough or, please forgive me, you don't want to understand.

In the other topic you told us that your screen-resolution is 1366x768.
Mallorca explicitly wrotes that his hint is for a screen-resolution of 1920x1080.

So what you have done can't work...
right and i specifically wrote that i tried it to my size as well. i used batch photo resizer and set to exact pixels. same thing. i meant growing tired as in i live in a urban environment. ive been using youwindow for a long time now. id like to change it up. looking at same thing daily becomes un-fresh. you don't wear the same clothes daily do you. lol

p.s i used a pixel ruler and its as it said 1366 x 768 . doesnt work for me. so i went nuts last night resizing. it works for full screen at 1700 x 730 which is very strange