Windows 8 (Surface Pro) window issues

Have you found an error? Report here!
seek
Name: Anthony

Windows 8 (Surface Pro) window issues

Post by seek »

Hi YoWindow team!

I must start by saying I am thrilled with this application, it's exactly what I've been looking for. For years (don't ask me why) I've always just clicked on a bookmark bar link to wunderground.com. Just today I realized "Why can't I have the temperature right in my taskbar for easy access much like my phone's lockscreen?" I tried 'The Weather Channel' application and wasn't a fan of the advertisements or layout. Lo' and behold, I came across YoWindow - perfect! I'm definitely thinking about purchasing the full version. On to the bug I found.

Everything works flawlessly on my Windows 7 desktop, but I've that on Windows 8 on my Surface Pro I cannot access or click the upper menus "Program, View, Time, etc" nor can access or click the bar immediately below it "LIVE, <time>, <date>, etc". The uppermost area I'm able to click is the bottom half of the individual day boxes "th, fr, sa, etc".

Steps taken: tried using the keyboard trackpad, a real mouse, my finger, and the stylus but to no avail. Tried resizing the window, maximizing it, and reopening YoWindow 'As Administrator' (my only user is an Administrator anyway). I even turned on Remote Desktop to try remoting in from my Windows 7 machine to see if that'd allow me access to the uppermost bars, but it did not. I also went to update my Flash player just in case.. but it's already at the newest version (possibly too new?). Maybe this is a Surface Pro isolated issue, but I'm getting the feeling it's rooted in Windows 8 itself.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up. I'll be highly likely to purchase the program once it has full functionality on 8. Cheers!
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Windows 8 (Surface Pro) window issues

Post by par »

Dear Anthony, first of all, thank you - it's a pleasure to read compliments :)

You did almost all I would advise you to try.
You are good at software testing :)
I would do the same tests.

Alas, I don't know why the top half of the screen is not responding to touches.

My working PC is Intel laptop with touch screen, Windows 8.
I cannot repeat this problem, of course.

Looks like something special is going on on Surface.
I wonder what it is.

There's a chance that some other software interferes with YoWindow.
Could it be the case?

I hope sooner or later to test YoWindow on Surface and investigate the problem.
However, to be honest I don't have much time for this task right now - all my time goes to mobile edition.

I'm sorry I cannot help you now.
But I want you to know that I'm always trying to eliminate any known error in YoWindow, especially such a nasty one as you have experienced.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
seek
Name: Anthony

Post by seek »

Thanks for the quick reply Par.

I'm glad this isn't a widespread Windows 8 issue. Definitely makes it sound like it may be related to my device specifically. At least I can have the elegant looking temperature in my system tray, which is what I wanted first and foremost anyway :] I'll continue to test and will update this post if I find anything enlightening.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thank you :)
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
VWang1111
Name: Victor

Post by VWang1111 »

Try going to control panel to set the display scaling to 100% because that can sometimes be the problem.
rht341
Name: Richard Thomas

Post by rht341 »

I can verify that i have exactly the same issues on my Surface Pro; I cannot access anything (e.g. menus) in the interface.