Landscape

Have an idea?
Farquarh
Name: Daniel

Landscape

Post by Farquarh »

The ability to select landscapes that would display based on client IP address....
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Re: Landscape

Post by Mallorca »

Can you explain a little bit more precise what do you mean?

Werner
Farquarh

Post by Farquarh »

If it would be possible to have the landscape match as closely as possible to the location of the viewer. If It's a major metropolitan area for which there is a landscape that would be the landscape used. Otherwise it might be airport as a default. A rural area if it existed with the default being village.
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

In principle I think it would be a good idea ... but to realize it for all places all over the world in my opinion it is not realistic.
Mostly the IP adress is the location of the provider and this company could be on a location which is very different from your hometown. Then you will get the weather from this location and not yours!
That makes no sense. Do you agree?

Werner
Farquarh

Post by Farquarh »

I understand that, but disagree. Not all places would have a landscape created and thus the use of defaults.

Also "Mostly the IP address is the location of the provider and this company could be on a location which is very different from your hometown. Then you will get the weather from this location and not yours!"

This happens currently when the location is "auto", all my suggestion does is give a landscape that is more appropriate for the location presented.