Will Not DDisplay Correct Temperature

See "Weather expired" or "No weather"? Probably your weather station is not reliable. Let us know - we will help.
JosCejka

Will Not DDisplay Correct Temperature

Post by JosCejka »

My Yo Window will not display the correct temperature for Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA. I have switched my home teperature to a METAR about 15 miles away. I am running the latest release of YW. What can I do to get YW to display the correct temperature in my home location? :%)
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: Will Not DDisplay Correct Temperature

Post by countryroads »

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to YoWindow.

YoWindow is using METAR station KMBT for Murfreesboro, Tennessee. After researching, KMBT seems to be an unreliable station. Unreliable means that it may not be up 24 hours a day every day.

You mentioned that you switched your METAR station to one 15 miles away. Did you switch it to KMQY Smyrna, Tennessee?

I have found the following 2 stations that are currently operating 24 hours a day.
KMQY Smyrna, Tennessee
KBNA Nashville International Airport

Can you try both of these and see which one works the best for you? Please let us know which one is working the best so that we can correct your location.

Thank you in advance.

Marty
JosCejka

Re: Will Not DDisplay Correct Temperature

Post by JosCejka »

Dear Marty:

Thank you for the prompt answer. I did switch to Smyrna and it is more reliable. Thanks.