Breathing Tree in the Village

countryroads
Name: Marty

Breathing Tree in the Village

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

Instead of scrolling thru locations, I left one location on in Chrome. I had my favorite landscape 'Village'. If you look at 'Village' during the daylight, you will see the tree start to breathe. The entire tree from the roots to the top of it move from one coordinate to another and then back again. It looks like we do when we inhale a lot of air into our chest and then exhale. That is why I am calling it the Breathing Tree.

I do not notice this on the Home Location but have noticed it on the additional locatons. If you go to the widget creation page and create a widget that is 'Village' during daylight hours and click to full screen, you can also see the Breathing Tree. On the Widget, it is not as visible as it is on Chrome.

Please excuse the videos. There are 2 videos in the folder. It is really difficult to hold the camera steady to take a video of the motion of the tree. If you think of the corners of a square, the tree is moving from bottom right to top left and then back to bottom right.

I hope this helps you out.

Marty
Attachments
For Pasha.zip
(7.11 MiB) Downloaded 405 times
countryroads

Re: Breathing Tree in the Village

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

After I finished posting, I went back to watch the Breathing Tree. The wind was now calm and I am not able to see the breathing right now. I wish I had looked before to see what the wind speed and direction was. I think the breathing is wind related.

If I see the Breathing again, I will let you know the wind statistics.

Marty
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

One of the locations that I was watching was Sacramento. I looked up Metar archives and the wind was 6 to 7 mph out of the South. It is now calm.

I hope this information helps you.

Marty
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

If you would like to try forcing the tree in the Village to move, try the following. I have been trying this out on Putignano, Italy but I think any location would do the same thing.

If I click on each forecast day, after a few days I am able to get to a day where the tree does the motion that I have described above. In Putignano's case, next Sunday the tree moves. But you need to click in sequence and back again to see the motion. What I was seeing was continual motion on LIVE. But I was seeing the same motion.

I hope this helps you out.

Marty
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Marty, thank you so much!
I have found the problem and I hope I have fixed it.
The fix is available in the new build of Chrome edition I just have uploaded.

Widget fix coming soon.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

I just finished checking out Honolulu, Hawaii Thursday forecast. The tree in Village is behaving itself now. I checked on both WinXp and Win7.

I will do a complete test of everything later today. But the tree looks good now.

Good Job. :good:

Marty
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thaaanks :)
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image