Adjust screen size

YoWindow related topics that do not fit in the above forums
MHAVEY

Adjust screen size

Post by MHAVEY »

I know how to make adjustments. My YW screen was a few mm smaller on all sides -- as I'd set. Now it is in full size and I cannot adjust. I've un-installed and re-in a few times and no go. Something is wrong. I'm on Vista. Thanks, Marty
FvE
Name: Fred

Re: Adjust screen size

Post by FvE »

Hi Marty,

I'm afraid I don't quitte understand what your asking for.

Do you mean that you can only look full screen and don't know how to get back?
Or perhaps you don't see the button to switch between normal and full screen?
Can you please be more specific?

Thanks,
Fred
MHAVEY

Post by MHAVEY »

Hello Fred, Thank you for your reply. For reasons unknown, the problem has been resolved, by itself. It did this, also, once before.

What I was trying to describe is that you have your actual Windows screen with the bottom taskbar. I adjuted YW so that there was about 4-5 mm of the desktop visible on all 4 sides. I could make any adjustments to YW, as any window, with the double-arrowed cursor. One day I open up my computer (from Hibernate, as usual) and YW has all the screen, save the taskbar, and couldn't be adjusted. I close and re-open YW and no change, although that has rectfied problems before. As does un-installing and re-inning.

So, for the moment, all is rosy but, as before, this gremlin will probably return.

Regards and thanks, Marty
FvE

Post by FvE »

Hi Marty,

Thanks for clarifying. Now I do understand what you mean.
For the moment let's be happy it's gone.

I do have to warn you about waking up from hibernate though.
Since I do so myself many times I have encountered some strange inexplicable effects myself, not only on YoWindow.

You do need to reboot properly regularly!

Goodluck.
Fred
MHAVEY

Post by MHAVEY »

Hello Fred,

I was aware that occasionally I need to re-boot and usually do that after installing Windows Updates. The YW was ok until a few minutes ago and I've been on the jukebox since 08:00. 6 hrs ok, then back to scratch. It's not worth my time to delete all the files and applications I'm working on, re-boot and put them all back again. It's takes over a 1/2 hour and hampers my concentration on my work. There must be a simple solution to this anomaly. Otherwise I can just forget YW. Regards, Marty
FvE

Post by FvE »

Hi Marty,

So it's back to where you started this right?
You can only see YoWindow full screen and there's no way to minimize or resize the window?

Fred
MHAVEY

Post by MHAVEY »

Hello Fred,
!Spot on! Is same status as desktop.
Regards, Marty
FvE

Post by FvE »

Marty,

What happens when you exit YoWindow: CTRL-O when in the desktop screen or right click mouse on traybar icon and then restart?

Fred
MHAVEY

Post by MHAVEY »

Hello Fred,
I'm not sure what you mean by that. I don't "exit" YW. If I'm shutting down for awhile, I go to Hibernate and simply power on to re-start. Since my last memo, I did un-in and re-inned and status same. I've given up as I don't have the time to play with it. Been a 1/2 dozen times recently. Regards, Marty
FvE

Post by FvE »

Hi Marty,

I know you don't exit YoWindow.
That's why I asked what happens when you do.
I guess it's up to you if you want give it a try.

Thanks,
Fred